Monday, November 10, 2008

Painting and Pests...

Painting a kitchen and all of the cabinets, cabinet doors and drawers is not #1.

Day 8...or yesterday, I was sitting on the floor, knee deep in cabinet doors, hardware and paint when I noticed blood dripping off my nose. As I am determining that the blood is coming from a tiny cut that I have no idea how I got the boys come banging in to the room arguing.

They have been driving each other, and me, nuts.

I get that having the kitchen turned upside down is stressful...FOR THE ADULTS. The only inconvenience the FlyMonkeys have dealt with would be the abundance of fast food they have been "forced" to eat because the kitchen is not functional. Or the Diet Sprites they have been allowed to drink because I could not get everything together to make juice.

At the beginning they helped empty all of the cabinets...but now I just really need them to stay out of the kitchen. So I let them play...there are a thousand things that they could be doing alone or together...things that would keep them quiet. Problem is that they are knuckleheads who choose, over and over again, to do things that end in conflict.

I decided that if they were going to argue they might as well do it while knocking out some chores. I told them to grab the clippers and get to work on the out-of-control bushes in front of the house.

One day I am going to give them directions and they are just going to go do it...no questions, no "what ifs" or "but I"'s......yesterday was not that day.

So after a 1/2 dozen questions I said:

"JUST GO CLIP OFF ALL OF THE REALLY TALL PIECES GROWING ON THE TOP! MAKE THEM ROUNDISH SQUARISH BUSHISH SHAPED! JUST GIVE THEM A HAIR CUT! CUT THEM LIKE ANIMALS...I DON'T CARE MAKE DISNEY CHARACTERS ALL THE WAY AROUND THE HOUSE...JUST GO DO IT AND BE QUIET..."

They walked very quietly to the door...and then I heard a snicker....

"DO NOT CUT THEM LIKE PENISES!"

Louder snickering....and they were gone.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Good call mom! Although that picture could have made a nice post!

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

Seirously - next time, let them cut them like penises, post pictures of them, and re-trim them.

Please?

Anonymous said...

what would be the harm to have
them look like giant penises?if mine arent talking about it someone has kicked someone there!!!
what a great idea for halloween,
crap thats over..... ok ballon animals?
er cool lawn art ehh what the...
it would be cool wouldnt it?
just wishing out loud will try to see if mine will do it, you sure are lucky
love chuckster hehehehehe