Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Cookies and Good Friends....

Margaret is too nice. I have been almost totally absent from blog life in the last few weeks and she still loves me....lookit:

Right back at you Margaret and thanks even though I totally do not deserve it.
Today I am attempting a half-double Lindy with a triple twist...AKA finishing my Christmas shopping. What a relief it will be...or should be...now I just get to twist in the wind hoping that all of the deliveries arrive before the 24th. I am a huge fan of "a bird in the hand" but some of the items I wanted were only available on-line.
In other news...Magnut's teacher called me last night. She was going to send a note home yesterday but says that she was so sick that she had to leave school to go to the doctor. She says she thinks it is something like pneumonia....but will be at school this week anyway...Oi.
She was calling about the 3rd grade Christmas party. She wants me to bring something baked...like cookies or brownies...not one of the weird guys that hang out behind the city park. So I am thinking that baked does not necessarily imply that they were made in my kitchen....then she pointed out that there are 19 kids in Magnut's class. Still not worried...Wal-Mart makes big arse boxes of Christmas cookies. It was the the next bit..."Why don't you pick a Christmas treat that is special to Magnuts...something you could make together..." Shite. Think she would believe that Magnuts is partial to Sam's Club Fudge Brownies? That the sound of the plastic container opening evokes strong memories from Christmas past......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let Magnuts put some sprinkles on the SAM'S brownies after you take them out of the box and put them on your own plate. Wa-La! A special mother/son bonding moment. And what is Magnut's teacher doing coming back into the school with pneumonia?! Crazy contagious typhoid teacher lady!

Sandy said...

why don't you make a special treat???? I'm with mnroomom. Sprinkles or maybe some of that lovely green tube o'icing and you've got it made!

Anonymous said...

Don't break your back making stuff. EVERYONE loves stuff from a bakery, right? I do! Put a bow on it and you are done!