Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Busy and Disjointed...

My Grandmother died last week. She was 89 and passed peacefully in her sleep with my Father at her side.



My Dad called me after I got home from taking Miss-D to school. He asked me to call the cemetery and start making arrangements and then as we were getting off the phone, in an off-handed way, he told me that my Aunt and Grandfather's ashes would be delivered to my house.



That's not something you hear every day...



I began making arrangements, I told the FlyingMonkeys what had happened...and I continued with the business of being a Mom.



We had baseball end of season parties Wed. and Thur. nights. Miss-D still had class every day. On Friday I met my Mom and picked up my Grandmother's ashes. By the time I picked up Miss-D and got home the package containing my Aunt and Grandfather had been left on my porch.



We rushed to the cemetery to deliver the ashes and fill out the paper work. This nice man offered to keep the kids busy while I took care of the business at hand. Let me just tell you that standing next to a coffin while swiping your debit card is an odd thing...only the lady asking me if I would like cash back could have made it stranger.



After meeting Rob for dinner I was able to leave the FlyingMonkeys with him so that I could finish up my Father's Day shopping.



The service was the next day at 9am. I must say that I was anxious. I had been trusted to handle the internment of my Father's Mother, Father and Sister and I didn't want to screw it up. I ordered their grave stones...I must have looked at that form 100 times...checking and re-checking...trying to make sure everything was right.



The service went off without a hitch...thank you God.



So...I have been busy and distracted. I appreciate the concerned e-mails...I am fine and hope to get back to regular blogging soon.

6 comments:

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

hugs my friend...hugs.

take your time. If you need more time - do it.

Hugs.

Anonymous said...

woud have come had known.sorrykatfsh

elaines630 said...

Aw I'm sorry to hear that! Hope all is well!

Marie said...

So sorry to hear of your loss.

For the Love... said...

Thanks all of you...

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

My sincere condolances. Peace be with you and yours. I can imagine that you must feel overwhelmed!