Monday, June 2, 2008

We will "air rock" you...

I got a great early birthday present from my parents...the drum kit for Rock Band!!!!

How about the drums are a little harder than I thought they would be.

With the guitar there are five fret buttons that you have to be able to play with the four fingers on your left hand while strumming with your right. I figured that the drums would be much more manageable...it requires that you hold two drum sticks and be able to press the bass pedal with your foot. I assumed I would be coming out ahead...I have the two hands for the drum sticks, and two feet...one for the pedal and one to spare.

Do you remember that little trick where you pat your belly with one hand while trying to rub circles on your head with the other? It's like that but with feet and sticks.

I can do it but it is going to take practice, and maybe booze.

In many of the songs there are parts that allow for a little "freestyle play". They allow you to play anything you like and the faster and more complex it is the more bonus points they award you.

Have you ever seen one of those little psycho Monkey dolls with the clanging symbols? That would be Magnuts during freestyle play.

We are just a catchy name and a microphone away from planning our world tour...and the microphones will be one sale this week....

1 comment:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

That is exactly why I pick to be the singer. Second pic the guitar. Tried the drums. I sucked. Really bad. No, REEEAAAALLLLYYYY bad.

two hands simutaneously and stomp the foot, forget about ittttt.