Friday, June 20, 2008

Cake and poker...

Tomorrow is Magnuts' 9th birthday...

He had two choices this year for his party. I told him that I would rent the pool or the skating rink, he could invite 20 of his closest friends and we would totally do it up...party favors, themed cake and decor..etc... The drawback of this party is the gift. If he chose this expensive party then the present from us would not be the PSP he seems to have his eye on. However, he also had the option of the smaller family party. This party would be just us and two of our cousins, it would still involve his favorite b'day breakfast, dinner and cake + he could get the bigger gift he wanted.

Let the wavering begin.

We did not get anything locked in until yesterday morning. Like all important conversations this one occurred in my bed. Magnuts snuggled up with me and the negotiations began:

Magnuts-I want the smaller party but I want the biggest cake.

Me-Ok, I can get on board with the bigger cake.

Magnuts-I want to get my present on my birthday but I don't want my birthday dinner and cake until Sunday when my cousins will be here.

Me-Ok...are you sure you want to wait on the cake....

Magnuts-Yeah, remember I am going to my friend's birthday party Saturday so I will get to have cake that day anyway...this way I get cake all weekend.

Well...at least he thought it through.

Yesterday we went to order his cake. He choose the biggest one they have, the 1/2 sheet...it was the decoration choice that kind of threw me...and the older lady taking our order. Around the words "Happy Birthday Magnuts" there will be little dice, cards, poker chips and a roulette wheel...it should go well with all of the little mini vodkas I am bringing...

9 comments:

elaines630 said...

Smart kid! Cake 2 days in a row! I love the decorations he picked out for it!

Tell him happy birthday!

Willow said...

Heh...gotta love a kid that plans cake all weekend.

Be sure to save me some of the mini vodkas, k?

Happy Birthday Magnuts!

Mrs. Schmitty said...

Happy Birthday Magnuts! He sure knows what he wants, doesn't he? Great negotiations!

Anonymous said...

Tell him Jason LOVES the cake decor, and he is invited to Poker night here any time!-katfish

happy bday! how can he be 9 yrs old??????????????

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

Happy birthday Magnuts!!!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

LOL! Smart kid!


Happy Birthday Magnuts! I cannot wait to hear all about it.

Anonymous said...

no blog???????????

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

soo? what'd he choose?

Aimee said...

hahahahahahaha I love the decorations. and seriously, he's a pretty smart kid!