Friday, August 8, 2008

Odds & Ends...

-The TV weatherman excitedly announced this morning that the next couple of days would be more like September than August. WTH...the only thing more expensive than my August power bill is the one I will get for September.

-Miss-D got contacts this week. She spent most of last year without her glasses because they kept breaking. She was fitted on Monday and has been doing well with them all week. We went with Dailies (a new pair every day). This means that I don't have to worry about her not cleaning them well and getting an infection. I also don't have to freak out if she looses one. Here is the best news... We went back yesterday for a re-check and I placed the order for her contacts. The total cost after insurance and rebate for an entire YEARS worth of contacts...15.20!!!!!!

-I stained 800 1.25 X .75 inch shingles yesterday. Today I will attempt to shingle the dollhouse I have been working on.

-I am still smoke free

2 comments:

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

so proud of you for being smoke free.

The shingles thing? That makes my head hurt to think of doing that. I, would pour the stain in the bathtub and drop all the shingles in.

Just sayin'....

Sandy said...

Hurray for not smoking! I made entire villages out of needlepoint and plastic canvas when I quit!

Have fun.