Monday, July 21, 2008

Ticky Taco

Friday night Magnuts asked to borrow a flashlight so he could take another look for Taco. Less than a minute later we heard him screaming that he had. Rob rushed in to try to capture the wily beast...


FYI...apparently it only takes about 24 hours for a domestic hamster to go feral.


When she was finally returned to her cage she paced the cage and every time one of us got near she rared on to her back legs and with wild googly eyes said "whatchu lookin at bee-ach!?"


I was tempted to grab my camera and snap some "not control group" pictures for all of the future science fairs we will be forced to participate in.


TANGENT ALERT! : When I was a kid my Dad helped me do my science project. We used a couple of house plants, one (control group) got plain water, the others got amphetamines...


Taco did manage to calm down, and thank God it wasn't the kind of calm down that involves her assuming room temperature. We live on a farm and have to put out rat bait or be over run. So far so good.


Hope you all had a great weekend...Here is a little preview of tomorrow:
We cleaned out our attic and I found this in one of my scrapbooks. Recognize any of the names?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i couldn't read it!

Anonymous said...

Would this be from the Mouse concert your dad took you to visit?

Mrs. Schmitty said...

I'd know Mr. Bon Jovi's signature anywhere! WHOO HOO!! Lucky girl. I saw him in concert last year (and once in person a few years ago at a local festival as I only live towns away from him). He is HAWT!

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

So what happened t the plants on speed?

I really wish you had photos of Taco.

For the Love... said...

Anonymous-sorry...did you try clicking on the image to make it larger?

Anonymous-That would be the onej

Mrs.Schmitty-Amazing that he is better looking now that he was 20 years ago...

Margaret-I will get one of Taco...the speed freak plants grew taller but less full than the water fed ones....