Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ahem...

I wasn't going to blog about this because it is embarrassing...and coming from the woman that brought you "Coming In A Little Hot" that should say something.

I quit smoking...my last cigarette was at 8pm Sunday night. I have been taking Chantix for a while and changing my habits to make this time as easy as humanly possible. Yesterday was not too bad...I just tried not to think about it...oh, and I spent most of the day shopping and getting a manicure.

The headache that I have had off and on for the last two days could be because I haven't had any coffee (didn't want to tempt fate, coffee and a cig always went so well together) or just that school hasn't started yet and the boys are driving me nuts.

I was really good, I did not yell at them once...when they got annoying I just said, "boys, if you don't behave Mom is going to go buy some cigarettes."

Yeah, that probably put me right on the Hell Train Express....but it worked and I didn't smoke, scream, or throw a screaming nutty.

I also gave up this little hobby to make quitting easier.

So, lets recap shall we? No coffee, no booze and no cigarettes....

I will be posting as my sanity allows....

5 comments:

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

awww crap. i feel for you.

honest to god, worst part of the early prregnancy was stopping smoking.

I miss them.

Terribly.

I feel for ya, my sista.

Willow said...

Nooooooooo....don't give up the vodka! (Just kidding. They say you should give up any routine that went with smoking. So there goes sex, too!) LOL!

I quit six and a half years ago. I felt completely shitty for an entire year (something they DON'T tell you), but feel tons better now.

Willow said...

Oh, and...

YOU CAN DO THIS!

Sandy said...

First cigarette at 18.
Smoked for 18 years.
Quit 18 years ago this February.

Good for you and I will keep you in my prayers.

PS: The headache is actually probably from giving up caffeine (in coffee). Excedrin contains caffeine for that very reason.

For the Love... said...

Margaret-thanks...I miss them too...I plan to start again on my 75th birthday.

Chicka-I am now re-thinking the vodka...how much could I have before I started threatening to kill people if they don't go buy me cigs....

Sandy-Yeah, I am back with my friend coffee...Do you still miss them?