Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Shocks, Pops, and Salutes....

We just had Award's Day at my children's school. For the 1st and 2nd grade presentation I was seated in the back, right behind the last row of 2nd graders. All of the 1st grade awards were given first, so the 2nd graders started to get a little fidgety. The 3 little boys seated closest to me caught my attention. They had their hands palm side up and were very slowly moving them back and forth right over the top of their plastic chairs. I was intrigued.......
I couldn't for the life of me figure out what they were up to. I began to think that this was some new version of the old "flinch" game, and was waiting for one of them to slap the crap out of the other one.

Curiouser and curiouser....

This strange hand rubbing went on for a few more minutes and then each boy leaned forward in their chairs, did I mention that the row in front of them was just full of 2nd grade girls? Little girls all dressed up for Award's Day? The boys eased their hands right though the back of the girls chairs, closer and closer to their skin and POP! They shocked the everloving sh*t out of them; the girls yelped and the boys jumped back to their seats, perfectly innocent expressions on their little faces.

Now the teacher is looking and the girls can't do or say a thing....but the one girl, the one in the middle, I can't swear to it, but I am pretty sure that that I saw her ease her hand behind her back (right past the big chiffon bow) and offer the boys a little One Finger Salute..........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh!! I hope when my daughter is in 2nd grade she's just like that little girl. Hooo-rah!

For the Love... said...

Stephanie-Yeah, some might say that a 2nd grader flipping the bird is just tacky, well she was descrete, the big bow and all, and those little devils are lucky (you should have seen her face) that is all they got!

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

I'm gonna go back and read your posts...but first....TAG, you're it. Come see me and read! And then join!! pLease!!!???!!!