Monday, May 12, 2008

Mommy knows best...

Margaret gave us some great news yesterday!

And as a belated Mother's Day present I pass along this wisdom to all you new mommies...

NEVER, I repeat NEVER say "Mother's Day" it should always be referred to as "Mother's Day Weekend."

1 day of adulation, pampering and total submission is not enough, neither is 2 days, but it is a good start.

If you think someone will balk at the 2 day celebration of your awesomeness then start with the term "Mother's Day Week" and work backwards.

Congrats again Margaret!

3 comments:

Mrs. Schmitty said...

I am DEFINITELY using that next year! Thanks for the 411!

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

Thank you!!!

(yes, it is 3:30 and I am awake).

I am actually in favor of every day except like 4 days being Mom's day. Father's day, Christmas, Mark's b-day and maybe Thanksgiving. Except I did a LOT of cooking for turkey day last year. So scratch that.

Feel free to pass any advice over my way. Especially for this insomnia BS.

For the Love... said...

MrsSchmitty-Glad I could help!

Margaret-ooofffff! I remember that. It was the first time in my life that I had to watch my beverage intake...decaf only after 3pm. I only had that with my first preg. thank goodness.