Thursday, May 8, 2008

Na na na na na na...

I was remembering Rob's first Christmas with our family. Christmas was not a big deal with his family so when I started listening to carols in November I am sure he was a little stunned. He had never listened to Christmas music and was not familiar with most of the classics...for example Rocking Around The Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee. Every time this song came on he got the strangest look on his face.

This was the part that got him:

Rocking around the Christmas Tree
Let the Christmas Spirit ring
Later we'll have some pumpkin pie
and we'll do some caroling

His brain could not reconcile the fact his pregnant wife was decorating for Christmas to the tune of:
Later we'll have some Fu*#&%@ pie...and we'll do some caroling...

I guess I can understand his confusion...we are the ones who had and Easter Egg hunt that rewarded winners with imported beer instead of peeps...

So all of this reminded me of a book I once saw in a bathroom. It was a compilation of the most mutilated lyrics of our favorite songs. It was hilarious...but the hands down winner, the one that made me glad I was already in the bathroom involved the song Centerfold. Instead of My angel is the centerfold....it was....My anus is my centerhole...
What songs did you mutilate?

7 comments:

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

I will NEVER think of "angel is a centerfold" the same...Ever, EVER again.

God, I love you!

(you know what I mean)

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Oh! Oh! OH! You have hurt me this morning. I am doubled over laughing. That is great. I am sure I have messed up many. I cannot think of anything off the top of my head, but if I do, I'll post the comment.

For the Love... said...

Margaret-back atcha girl...can't wait till Sunday!

Leigh-I look forward to hearing them...MonkeyBoy just reminded me of:

"Secret Asian Man"
and
"Excuse me while I kiss this guy"

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Hey, here's one for ya-thought not my mistake....

http://www.lbratina.blogspot.com/2008/05/fat-bottom-girl-eats-crow.html

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

And how is this for words-look at this little tike singing Hey Jude!

http://www.dullbert.blogspot.com/2008/05/next-generation-of-beatles-fan.html

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

"Secret Asian Man"
and
"Excuse me while I kiss this guy"


I am going to start singing these this way!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

http://lbratina.blogspot.com/2008/05/stop-catbox-sheep-dont-like-it-funny.html


how about this?