Monday, November 12, 2007

Born 1996 Died 2007

"Stutter...bump bump bump....stutter stutter, bump bump...."

What is that noise you ask...that would be my van. She made it for one last run to the school to pick up the FlyingMonkeys and then directly to my neighbor...who is also my mechanic.


Me: She is making this stutter noise...should I go get new plugs?


Him: Ahhhh, noooooo......see when you have antifreeze, oil and water coming up through this spot..


Me: Oh yeah...is that where you took the spark plug out?


Him: Yes...


Me: Crap, that can't be good....how about I go buy a new belt or something...what'ill that run me...


Him: Don't need a belt...


Me: How about some of that fancy name brand oil and antifreeze...yeah that would be good, and new plugs for good measure...new oil filter, air filter..


Him: Head gasket...


Me: I did not hear that...what about a new tire..I think I have enough for one of those..


Him: New gasket, really a new motor would be best...$1500 for a low mileage used motor + labor...


Me: LAAA LAAA LAAA LAAA LAAAA I AM NOT LISTENING TO YOU...I CAN NOT HEAR YOU LAAA LAAA LAAAA LAAAA


*In a movie this would be where TheGuy slapped me to stop my hysterical ranting*


So....I am looking for a "New To Me" used vehicle. I hate car shopping. Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate it.


I spent 3 days searching every car site on-line looking for something that fits our needs and budget. Then Saturday we piled into Rob's car at 8:30am and set off to "the big city" to look.


We got home around 5pm and I felt like I had been rode hard and put up wet. Even better...I am still looking.

To be continued.....

6 comments:

mommiebear2 said...

I despise car shopping and seriously dislike car problems. Driving is highly overrated. ;)

Sandy said...

I can so sympathize with this. Best of luck to you.

Anonymous said...

OUCH!

Anonymous said...

My commiserations. If it's just a head gasket you should go for it, but it's more likely a cracked head.

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

RIP to your vehicle.

I hate car salesmen. I realy do.

For the Love... said...

Mommiebear2-If the kids could take the bus...and if the bus driver I have passed on the Hwy did not remind me of the drunken mail man in Funny Farm....."By the time he gets out here he is all liquored up and pissed off.."

Sandy-Thanks!

Southernbell-yep, and it is even more fun with Christmas right around the corner...

Willowtree-yes, but I paid 2999 cash for the car 5 years ago and have never had any trouble...till now. I just can not bring myself to spend that kind of money when I would still have a 1996 van with 150000 miles on it....

Margaret....I hear yah....