Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The One Where I Should Have Carried A Taser....

As I mentioned we spent all day Saturday car shopping with the FlyingMonkeys.

I had research, I basically knew what I wanted and about how much it should cost. I even had financing already in place...should be easy huh? Not so much.


Here is how we started....


1. Pull into a dealership.

2. 5 feet into the lot salesmen begin zeroing in on us like short, pudgy, heat seeking polyester missiles.

3. I warn kids again not to make eye contact with them....

4. Maniacal salesmen have roped off used car section forcing us to park and walk if we want to check them out.

5. We rush from the car and head deep into the lot....they still follow, always staying a few cars behind...kind of like a police tail in a movie.

6. They get closer and closer...we know this not because we see them...but their unmistakable odor....Drakkar and Tic-Tacs...

7. We find a car that may meet our needs...but we don't know for sure because NONE of the cars are marked with price or mileage.....

8. Salesman materializes like the scary little kid in Salem's Lot....

I am sure you know the rest....They are having some kind of one day sale...gotta unload a ton of cars....even if the lose $....When they finally take a breath you find out that the only car you like is either too much, has too many miles on it or both.


Then you try to leave....this is when the taser would have come in handy.

This is basically what happened in every dealership we checked out. There were a few highlights...like when one of the female salesmen pulled her card OUT OF HER BRA and handed it to Miss-D....you should have seen her face! I told her that she should have just started screaming...perhaps that might have gotten the $ down a little more...



Then there was the one guy who had a car I was totally interested in...but he refused to allow me to take it to my mechanic before purchase. Perhaps in his little world that was normal and there was a chance I would buy it anyway....yeah...and maybe later a monkey will fly outta my butt.



Still no car...still looking....

6 comments:

Karen said...

I've always held to the theory that car salesmen are descendents of horse thieves.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

card out of her what? hahahahahaha!

Willow said...

Oh lordy. If it were my daughter, she would've held it between two fingers like it was toxic (with only the very tips of her nonexistent nails touching the card) and shouted loudly, "EWWWWWWWWWWWW" while tossing it at her little sister, who would've been much more vocal and dramatic about it. *snort*

Yeah, klass. We has it.

Sandy said...

This is where you borrow a child who can (or train your child to) hurl at will. Nothing like a puky kid to make folks disappear!

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

sigh.... that will be us in a few months. Lord willing my car makes it that long. I'll be sending good thoughts your way if you send them to me when I head down that long, lonely path

Anonymous said...

What about CARMAX and Driversway?
I bought one from them and it was a great price, 3day return etc piece
of cake would do again.
My wifes brother works for Gulf
Chrysler in Foley. Our family has purchased 3 cars from him that have been GREAT.Email me if you need more help or info. We will prob. be in your shoes in a years or so!!
Chuck