Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Reality Check



I finally got a car....what seems to be the perfect car. The salesman seemed to lived a little farther down "shady street" that I had hoped...but we managed to close the deal with out coming to blows. I was stunned to find it even had 20000+miles still left on the warranty.


So around lunch time yesterday I had completed the deal and was still amazed at how lucky I had been to find this car. As you can see I was so giddy that I took pictures....finally I graduate from the minivan...I was doing the happy dance in the middle of the yard.



A few hours later, right after I picked up the FlyingMonkeys from school, the phone rang. It was the doctor's office that had seen Magnuts Friday. When they had tested him for strep throat they had also gotten a sample of the phlegm that he was just about drowning in. They cultured it...it came back positive for MRSA Staff. The antibiotic the doctor had prescribed was not effective against it and he would need something new. Well big duh. I knew Sunday that the crap the other doc had prescribed wasn't working so I called my Dad. My Dad called in something much stronger and Magnuts was noticeably better by Monday...as a matter of fact Monday was the first day in the last 9 that Magnuts did not run a fever.


Turns out what Dad called in was on the list of drugs the staff was sensitive too...yeah Dad!


So there I was feeling so grateful and blessed that I had found reliable transportation...I was so excited not to be driving the Mom Van...then at 3:30pm one phone call from the doctor's office snapped my arse right back to earth...with my real priorities in order and my true blessings counted.

4 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

happy new car!
glad magnuts is feeling better.
sorry about the MRSA + thing.
I work in an ER, so I'm sure I'm + for it too.

Karen said...

Congrats on the new ride! And I'm so glad your boy is feeling better.

Sandy said...

Beautiful new car and a healthy (almost) child...what a great day!

Betti said...

eep, funny how the universe has a knack for knocking you back on track - I'm relieved that Magnuts is making a recovery!! :)