Thursday, November 8, 2007

Hot Mamas Know


Absolutely Bananas came up with this great idea! Real tips from real women...cool huh? For all the details on participation check out her site by clicking on the purty picture above...

And now...my tip:

Olive oil and sugar face scrub...

Right before your shower, in a small plastic (because this stuff is slippery..and so is whatever you end up putting it in...if I am going to drop it I would rather it be plastic...), mix about 1/4 granulated sugar and enough extra virgin olive oil to make a paste. In the shower...BEFORE you wash your hair or body (or you could end up looking like an extra from Grease), scoop out a nice glop of the stuff and use both hands to massage it into your face. Do this for about a minute and rinse.

I saw this on TV years ago. I seem to remember that the olive oil and the sugar have a mild chemical reaction that is beneficial to your skin...if only I could remember what... I can tell you that it will remove all of the dead skin and will leave your face smooth and pink.

Gotta get everyone up...the older two FlyingMonkeys AKA the non-quarantined, will be delivered to school as usual. Magnuts and I will then go straight to the doctor to see if we can find out why his chest seems insistent on producing the sound track for "Mucus-The Musical."

Wish us luck...

6 comments:

beta mom said...

I can't wait to cook up some sugar scrub!

Bananas said...

ooh what a great tip! I can't wait to try it!

Anonymous said...

Does it make you break out later? Everytime I do a scrub I break out a few days later. STINKS having zits and wrinkles!

Tuesday Girl said...

I JUST ran out of my salt scrub and was going to buy some. I am going to make some "paste" today!

For the Love... said...

Southernbell-in the summer when my skin is a little oily I always wash with soap after using the scrub...in the winter my skin tends to be dry...so a good rinse with very warm water does the trick...zits and wrinkles..Proof that God has a sense of humor.

Phoenix said...

Mucus-The Musical...LOL. I could have sworn I heard that one. Oh wait, my niece has it too. We call it the back to school crud. She's been coughing for two dam weeks.