Friday, April 4, 2008

Blinded by the light, wrapped up like a DEUCE....

The ceiling fan in my office is also the light fixture. I am too short to reach the chains without using a stool. I like it left so that the fan is on but the light is not, and TooTall (aka Rob), who can reach it flat footed seems to forget to pull the chain to turn off the light when he is done...he just flips the switch on the wall turning it all off. It.Drives.Me.Nuts.

This morning I woke up with my jaw throbbing, stumbled into my office in the dark and flipped the switch to turn on the fan. Once again TooTall forgot to pull the chain and I was blinded. Apparently the new light bulb has approximately the same wattage as the sun.

I think I need a nap.

See ya Monday.

6 comments:

Sandy said...

I always thought it was 'revved up like a deuce' but I could be wrong. My hubby and I have the same fan fights...

Mrs. Schmitty said...

Ouch...not a good way to start the day.

Super B's Mom said...

I just had to tell you that this weekend while I worked in my flower garden, all I could think about was that picture of the horrible no-shoulders in your yard...

For the Love... said...

Sandy...I am a huge dork...it is revved...

Mrs.Schmitty...no doubt, thank God it passed.

SuperB'sMom-I am so sorry! We have not been able to mow yet because of all the rain...I am terrified about what might me lurking out there....

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I too cannot reach it good. I bought a chain for each thing-light, fan. It makes life much simpler.

Anonymous said...

Shows ya what I know, All these
years I thought he said "wrapped up like a DOUCH!!!
Chuck