Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Lions and tigers and bears oh my!

Wait...for us it is, Hornets, panthers and a FERAL SOW WITH 50LB PIGLETS IN TOW. We are a venomous snake in the toilet away from our own World's Deadliest Places designation.

The neighbor, (guess who Mom) who called to tell me about seeing them has decided what "WE" should do about them. She wants US to kill the sow, and then for US to capture and pen up the piglets until they are big enough for US to take them to the "processor."

Picture me sitting in a tree in the middle of the woods holding a loaded gun. There are so many things wrong with that sentence...first of all "middle of the woods" seems to imply that I would be willing to walk a great distance and we know that to be a lie. I bought a car to avoid doing that. Also, climbing a tree...who are we kidding. The loaded gun thing is entirely plausible, but not in a tree in the woods. It would mean that not only did I walk a great distance *snort* then climbed a tree, but I did it all carrying something that weighs more than 5lbs.

So unless the pig decides to walk in front of the house, allowing me to take the shot from the safety of my bedroom window we will all be having Hormel with our eggs.

3 comments:

Super B's Mom said...

I've never seen your snake picture until now.

OH.MY.GOD.

I almost puked. That is one huge friggin snake. I can't even see a chicken snake without running for my life...

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

hey chicka i keep trying to email you back,, but your email is bouncing back. Something about it being spam. I've even tried sending a brand new message...nada.

:) I'll write more later. gotta run. Hugs and thanks for checking

For the Love... said...

SuperB'sMom-I know it still freaks me out...it has now gotten warm enough that they are moving again. I am praying for a warm day that will get them all out in the open then a sudden cold snap to kill them.

Margaret-I will see if I can figure out why that happened...So glad to hear from you, I was worried.