Monday, April 7, 2008

My Monday Gift To You...

Knowledge is power and today I offer you a gift of words....a new phrase for your repertoire.... you are welcome.


"HOLD THE LEGS"

Definition: Back off I can do this without your frickin help

When to use:

Lets say that your husband is working on wiring some new gadget to all of the other gadgets in your entertainment center. You are holding the flashlight so that he can make sense of the 3 million different wires. When you decide to start offering unsolicited suggestions, questioning his methods and finally ask him if he actually read the manual...in this house he is going to tell you to "Hold The Legs."

Much like I would tell him to if he was hanging over my shoulder in the kitchen or while I was working on a web page.

Origination:

Many years ago while we were both stationed at Ft. Knox, Rob worked with a young man that for our purposes we will call Rooster. He wasn't really a redneck but he was definitely country...bordering on hillbilly. One day he was working on something when another soldier decided to "over help" him. Poor Rooster stood it as long as he could and finally threw up his hands in frustration and said:

"Hey! I am the one screwing this chicken you just hold the legs...."




4 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Thanks for the laugh this AM!

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

I am officially requestng adoption by you and your hubby.

I feel that I would learn a great deal.

It's a win-win for all of us. I can learn from y'all.

I cook. I clean. I hang out with kids and will babysit. I tell funny jokes. I can get a job there. I have a car.

Please?

I need to learn stuff from yall.

Sandy said...

I abso-frickin-lutely love this! Thanks.

For the Love... said...

Leigh-my pleasure!

Margaret-Ok, but be warned tonight we have two baseball games in two different cities at two different, but overlapping times...still wanna join the circus?

Sandy-you are welcome...I must say that it is still a little odd for my Mom to tell me to "hold the legs."