Monday, April 21, 2008

The CDC and you...

A conversation with my cousin this weekend:

A-So I hear Miss-D has the pox?

Me-Yeah and 30 minutes after we got home from the Pharmacy the CDC called me asking all kinds of questions...

A-WHAT? WHY?

Me-They wanted to know how many spots she had, how many people lived in the house, their ages, if any of us had had it before, did any of us have spots now....

A-Damn, those people at the pharmacy are nosey why do they need to know all that?!?

Me- CDC not CVS genius...the center for disease control...


The CDC did call and had a hundred questions. As I was on the phone with them we were interrupted by a fax they were receiving from Miss-D's school...her blue slip.

At Magnuts' baseball game Friday night I found out that the school sent home a letter that day. A letter explaining that there had been enough cases for the CDC to call it an Outbreak.

They will be calling me back today to ask questions that will determine if I can send her back to school tomorrow.

You would think that I was housing Ebola infected Rhesus monkeys instead of a kid with Chicken Pox.

4 comments:

Willow said...

Wow, you're popular! Mebbe the preznint will call next and ask about your toilet tissue habits. (It's insane really.)

If you can't start a trend, then start an outbreak. That's what I always say. ;D

Mrs. Schmitty said...

For Chicken Pox? Wow!

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

You may be surprised to learn this does not affect my desire to be adopted by your family.

I have had the chicken pox. And I have had all my shots.

As far as I know, adopting me will not cause another call from the CDC.

Seriously..CDC called you over flippin chicken pox???

For the Love... said...

Chicka-"if you can't start a trend, then start an outbreak"

OMG...too funny!!!

Mrs.Schmitty-Yeah, who would have thought?

Margaret-Yes...and I have to have Miss-D inspected by the nurse this morning before she can go to class...means I need to quit screwing around and go put on a bra.