Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I see London I see France...

Last night Magnuts and MonkeyBoy both had home games. I arrived at the parking lot at 5:30 and saw something...hilarious. There was a man standing by his truck in his UNDERPANTS!

I watched him lean into his truck to grab his pants and was reaching for my horn...I was already giggling at the thought of him smacking the crap out of his head when he jumped...and noticed that his shirt had the word Umpire on it. Then I saw him in profile...it was the Ump...Mr. AssiveAggressive .

I decided to let it go and began to make my way to the field...laughing so hard I almost wet my pants. Of course I let all the other parents know what I had just seen and there were all kinds of jokes about the "count" being 0 and 0.

The stat book that I keep has to be signed by the umps, it should be done before the game but because AssiveAggressive was late I didn't have time. After the game was over I walked over to where he was sitting in the dug out.

I held out the book and asked him to please sign it. He did not reach out to take it and was giving me a look. Mr. AssiveAggressive was acting like he was not going to sign it...and so...

I spoke before I thought...and this is what I said:

"Hey Ump, since I have seen you in your underpants the least you can do is give me your autograph..."

You should have seen his face.

He signed the book.

*****

On a totally unrelated subject....this weekend Rob and I were talking and I said something that made me laugh.

We were talking about being a 2nd hand smoker...and I said, " Yeah, I am a second hand smoker...I got smoke in my nare and now my legs smell ah Gouda...."

When he didn't laugh I was all "nare, you know sounds like Nair but means nostril....Gouda, a cheese that is often smoked..."

He didn't laugh and now believes that I am insane.

2 comments:

Super B's Mom said...

"Hey Ump...nice racin' stripe..."

YOU.ARE.AWESOME.

If only you had laid on that horn.

For the Love... said...

SuperB'sMom-I really wish I had thought to snap a pic of him with my phone...by gones...