Wednesday, September 19, 2007

On the sidelines....

I got to have an experience this past weekend that I would wager most women will never have. I was allowed to be on the sidelines for Magnut's football game so that I could get some pictures!!!!!!

Here is what I thought went on on the sidelines before I experienced it Saturday:

after a good play-

Coach: Hey boy, good job!

Player: Gee thanks Coach-I really love playing football and learning all about team work!

after a miss-

Coach: That's ok son, you'll get them next time.

Player: Thanks coach, sorry I missed that block I am gonna try harder.

after an injury-

Coach: Ok son, don't move...someone is going to get you some ice..I know you stubbed your toe on the bench but you can never be too careful...would you like some ice cream?

Player: I'm ok coach...do you have any chocolate?



After Saturday on the sidelines:



After a good play-

Coach: YAAAAAAHHHHHHH BOY IT TOOK 6 OF THEM TO BRING YOU DOWN!!!!!! 6 OF THEM!!!!!!!

Player: *beaming with a wedge of grass sticking out of the side of his helmet* Yeah!!!!



After a miss-

Coach: HOW COULD YOU NOT SEE THAT!!!! HE WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU-

Player: I have a frog in my pants-do we have any popsicles?

Coach: *beats his own head against his clip board*



After an injury-

Coach: It's alright, rub some dirt on it...

Player: I am not gonna make it....I think I am gonna die....

Coach: You stubbed your toe on the bench...shake it off.

Player: *flopping on the ground* oohhhhhhhh....it's getting darker.....it's so cold.....

Coach: Boy, get up before someone trips over you.

Player: I see a bright light.....

Coach: *resumes beating own head with clip board*




I was a stranger in a strange land......but it sure was funny!

3 comments:

Ty said...

This sounds like the sidelines at my son's lacrosse games!

Anonymous said...

I bet it's confusing to have a team full of "Boy." Must have been a popular name that year.

Super B's Mom said...

HAHAHAHA That's good stuff.

I just spit water on my keyboard.