Monday, September 17, 2007

One good smack....

My Mom and I have a great relationship....sick sometimes, but great. We share the same sense of humor and the tendency to laugh at totally inappropriate things. For example....

Years ago we were in the boat house pulling up a boat. We had an older "hand crank" wench that looked a bit like this:



I was on the end of the boat house with the crank and Mom was standing behind me. Dad was on the other end fiddling with the rope that connected the other end of the boat to the wench. I am unclear on all of the details but for some reason I was leaning very close to the crank when my Dad yanked the rope...that crank whacked me in the back of the head like a sledgehammer. I teetered towards the water then tottered towards the pier....The only thing that is really clear is my Mom ROLLING ON THE FRICKIN FLOOR LAUGHING HER ARSE OFF. Sure, seeing your child brained is funny...but for the love could yah give a girl a hand before she plunges into the lake...maybe have your little laugh fest after you make sure that I can speak coherently at the very least ask me how many fingers you are holding up?!?!?! (BTW if you are only gonna hold up one finger could you not use the middle one!?!?)

Are y'all outraged at this horrible behavior?????? Well......don't be....It took about 5 years but I accidentally returned the favor.

We were at an Auburn game and Mom was helping me unload my van. We had to park it a long way from the RV so it was really nice to have some help. We got everything out of the trunk and I shut it....on the top of her head.... I didn't just shut it, I am short so in order to reach the top of the trunk to pull in back down I have to jump. Often I let the weight of my coming back to earth help slam the thing into place. Owch........Wack-a-mom...I beaned her. She teetered towards the street she tottered towards a tree....I tried to help her but every time I opened my mouth out came totally inappropriate hysterical laughter.....


She still will not get near the back of my van....and the boat house? Well Dad burned that down years ago.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Brained" is my favorite unexpected verb ever. Or is it an adverb? I always get those confused.

Anonymous said...

You guys are all freaking nuts. Will you adopt me?

Anonymous said...

You're (snicker*snicker) poor momma!

Super B's Mom said...

*DOH!*

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

Like daughter, like mother....or is it the other way around?

Regardless, your family - your ENTIRE family rocks. Mine is quite boring.

May I PUH-LEEZE come over and play????

Aimee said...

bahahahahahaha

Anonymous said...

i think she got you back, remember the time at the lake AFTER your dad burned the boathouse? Your cousin was rebuilding the walkway, after it threw my arse and LK's into the lake. You stepped on the wrong end of the plank, the one that had been nailed in, and it flipped the end yet to be nailed down tossing your butt into the lake!!!! We tried to stop laughing by the time you came back up to the surface, i don't think we did though!