Friday, September 21, 2007

Too Soon?

I know it is only September but is it too early to start playing the "Santa Card"?

Can I say, for example, "Magnuts if you kick MonkeyBoy in the leg ONE more time Santa is going to erase your name from his list!!!!"

or

"Miss-D it makes Santa cry why you torture your brothers."

I can't do the "Don't make me call Santa" bit anymore because they figured out *69 and would bust me in a second-"Mom, since when does Santa live at Grandma's house???"

So what now??

Would it be wrong to tell them that the very same Santa that made the monster under their bed disappear can put it back. That the monster has been in North Pole Jail all of this time and everyone knows that just makes them meaner and bigger.....No, clearly that would be wrong.

How about telling them that the magic of the Reindeer comes from well behaved children. That their recent behavior has Dancer on life support and Santa is not sure he is going to make it.....nope, still wrong.

I love the Santa card, I just need to figure out how to modify it without scaring them for life.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thankfully Aaron is only three. I play the fruit snack/M&M card all the time.

"Boys who don't listen do not get Spider Man fruit snacks."

Sadly, you can also bribe my grandma with fruit snacks.

Phoenix said...

Hmmm I think technically you have to wait until after Halloween to use the Santa card. Sorry. :)

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

You can call me. I will even play like I am Mrs. Claus if they *69.

Anonymous said...

I use the santa card year round! *LOL*

TxGambit said...

*sigh* The Santa card doesn't work too well at all around our house. Not with a 13 and a nearly 12 year old. The nearly 12 started questioning about Santa very early.... Like 5-6 yrs old. I got him to believe it again for a while but then it was over around age 8.

I only have one that it kinda works for but like Nikki, I can get him to do just about anything with other means. Like fruit snacks or video game time.

Mrs. Schmitty said...

I use the Santa card year round. If they are acting poorly I tell them for every time they get in trouble, Santa takes a gift away from the loot he plans on bringing them. If they behave he may put that gift back.

For the Love... said...

Nikkie-I am a big fan of any card that makes our lives easier....

Phoenix-NO!!!say it ain't so!

Margaret-OHHHHHH good idea!!!!!

Crazy Working Mom-Good for you! My kids rolled their eyes when I tried playing the Santa card Dec. 26th....I guess they figured they had a year to get straight.

Txgambit-Mine will believe it to some extent-They know that I have some input on what Santa brings...he has to call me to make sure the gifts are ok..which explains why we don't have 15 puppies, 6 ponies and a small village of hampsters.

Mrs. Schmitty-me too-"Magnuts! Santa saw that! He just took a present from your pile."