Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Smiley faces from hell

My aunt had this enormous printer/scanner/copier. One of those high tech things that does everything but actually print, scan or copy without you standing on your head singing a song to the "printer gods." She went out and bought a little easy to use printer to use in addition to the other one. She got everything set up and started printing a document. The new little printer worked like a charm. It was zmmmp zmmmp zmmmping out the pages when she saw a flash of light from the corner of her eye. Then she noticed the sound hwaaawommmm hwaaawommmmm-the other printer, the monster, was printing. She walked over to turn it off as the page finished printing....it was not the document. It was this:




I would have wet my pants! Every time she used the new printer the old one would spit out the frowny face!!!!!! I would have ripped that thing out of the wall and thrown it out the window.

I have long contended that printers are actually gateways to hell. Finding one that is not a total pain in the arse to use is a challenge. Finding one that rebukes you for using a new one is just further proof of my gateway theory.

9 comments:

Betti said...

I *hope* that someone is messing with your Aunt, I too would have flung the frownie-face-making machine out of the house . . . that is just TOO wierd!

Anonymous said...

I gotta know what that's about!

MommasWorld said...

Oh My Gosh! That is freaking hillarious! I would have so thrown it out the window.

Bananas said...

NO WAY! That is TOO FUNNY!

Barry Wallace said...

If she starts building mountains out of her mashed potatoes and landscaping, look out.

Anonymous said...

I blogged about you in hopes of finding you an answer. lol Come check it out.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Indeed, that's highly creepy!

Anonymous said...

OMG, that is just hilarious!

I don't have a printer problem, but I think my router is definitely in league with Satan.

For the Love... said...

I think that it was a programmer's idea of a joke. The printer was "old school" and required a crap load of software. I think they may have set up the frowny face as a type of "test page" to be printed if it was no longer the default printer. Does that make any sense?

Barry-um...she hasn't done that but I did see her making pictures of binary code on a lite-brite while humming dummm dummm dummm dumm dummm.

SouthernBell-thanks!