Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Achoooo

When Miss-D was about 16 months old I was getting her up from her "nap" when I noticed that something didn't seem right. Her copy of Snow White had several pages ripped out and she seemed a tad congested. The little goober had turned pages 7-9 into little paper balls and did the only natural thing....shoved them up her nose.

I tried to get her to blow her nose....nothing. I took her outside and pointed her face right at the sun trying to get her to sneeze...just hacked her off. I told Rob that we would just have to take her to the emergency room.


To put his reaction in perspective I need to tell you that at this time we were living in Ft. Knox, and would be taking her to the Army hospital....a guaranteed 6-7 hour wait. 6-7 hours of sitting with a screaming pissy child, surrounded by other screaming pissy people.


Rob decided that we needed to try a few more things before surrendering ourselves to that particular hell. He tried to get her to blow, tried blunt tweezers....nothing worked. By this time she is thoroughly pissed, mucus running down her little red face...and I tell him again we just need to take her to the hospital.


But, no, he was desperate and had one more trick up his sleeve. He lay her down on our bed. Then he covered her nose with his mouth...and....sucked. I couldn't stop him before he did it, and was too busy rolling around our bedroom floor laughing to do anything to help him after he did it. Two of the little balls shot out of her nose and smacked into the back of his throat like two little booger covered spit balls. He was "aaaahacccckkkkking" and "snooooorrrrking" and dry heaving. Two down...eight to go.


So an hour later in the ER, I was still laughing, he was still green and clearing his throat. 3 hours into our wait Miss-D sneezed....Snow White was free...

**The moral of this story, as brought to us by my cousin the pediatrician...if you are going to suck things out of your child's nose...for the love..put some panty hose over your mouth to keep the booger balls at bay...**

5 comments:

Karen said...

Oh my goodness! I spewed tea all over the place! That's absolutely hysterical. Thanks for making my morning.

Anonymous said...

never heard that one, pretty gross rob....

Sandy said...

Proof - there are worse things than a military hospital! Thanks for the laugh.

For the Love... said...

Karen-for weeks after it happened all I had to do was picture the look on his face and I was rolling around laughing again.

Kathleen-it was nasty...

Sandy-I wouldn't have believed it either...

Betti said...

booger balls!!