Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Uhhhhhhhh

Yesterday's post was kind of a lie. Our weekend really was fun.....until Sunday night. Miss-D spent Saturday night with my parents and the boys got to camp out in the den. Sometime before midnight Rob got a wild hair up his rump and decided to "spring clean" the kid's rooms and bathroom....he did this until 4am. I tell you this not just to make you jealous, but to help you understand the screaming nutty that would occur Sunday evening.


Miss-D came home Sunday with a bunch of uninflated balloons. No big deal right?


About 5:30 that evening Rob and I were watching football and the kids were playing and getting their showers. I was on the phone with my Mom who was telling me what a delight it had been to spend the weekend with Miss-D when I heard a loud yell from the kid's end of the house. It was loud enough that even Rob could not pretend that he didn't hear it. He went to check it out. A few seconds later I heard a ruckus like you would not believe. Still on the phone I walked into the kitchen just in time to see the boys dragging a LOAD of soaking wet linens to the laundry room.


A few seconds later Rob came back towards our bedroom, he was instructing the boys to collect every towel they could find on the floor of the laundry room and then to use them to START soaking up the water. He then sat on our bed and told me that he could not deal with this because he was too angry to even look at them. Apparently the FlyingMonkeys decided that balloons were fun but that GIANT water balloons were just chock full of awesomeness.


There was a water balloon the size of a late summer watermelon on Miss-D's freshly made bed. It was so large that it burst when Rob tried to pick it up. There were several more in the bathroom sinks and then a few the size of cantaloupes in Miss-D's bottom dresser drawer.


The entire bathroom floor was covered in water, the little bits of popped balloon were floating peacefully on the tiny waves. The swampy bathroom was the result of a few of the "water bombs" slipping out of their hands as they cocked their arms to launch them through the open bathroom widow.


You are probably checking the right side of this page to see if you "miss-remembered" how old the FlyingMonkeys are.....they really are 12 1/2, 11 and 8.


This took me back to a time when Miss-D was 4 and MonkeyBoy was 3. Rob was still deployed in Kosovo so I was by myself...If you don't count the 4yo, 3yo and newborn Magnuts. I had gotten the oldest two fed, bathed and in clean PJs. It was about 10 minutes before their bedtime when MonkeyBoy came to me with raw egg sliding down his freshly washed hair....Miss-D was nowhere in sight. Those two knuckleheads had gotten the eggs out of the fridge, climbed into MonkeyBoy's top bunk and then launched them at the ceiling fan. The eggs didn't just smack the fan and fall to the ground...because it was ON....it slung egg boogies in every crack and crevice of his room.

Oi.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh holy crap. Really, I'm not laughing at you.

Phoenix said...

I'm kinda laughing here. I do believe if I was their age I would have done the same thing. For some reason, balloons are just meant to be filled with water. I'm shocked they weren't throwing them at each other.

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

Maybe I don't want to come over and play.

I can't help it....forgive me for laughing???!!!???!

For the Love... said...

Y'all can laugh...one day I am sure I will too...Maybe in like 20 years when their kids have a mud pie fight in their house.

Karen said...

That's hysterical! Sorry, but it really is. What would we do for entertainment without kids?

Anonymous said...

she is not lying!! i witnessed other events so, so damn similar to this when i visited them in Germany years ago!!!! I judged so harshley, don't we all before we give birth?!!?! I now call my dear friend in crazy moments knowing she is the only one who will believe the shit my kids do!!!!I love ya for putting up w/ my comments, and i love ya for not rubbing it in when i call you with our life stuff!!!! if you can't laugh you will cry, and if you cry you won't see the blessing in these little rodents/ i mean angels from above!!! (oops, sorry wombs!)

Anonymous said...

i am now having dreams of us shooting fish across the lake w/ the baloon launcher when the kids all get together with there buddies!! we are sipping some sort of toxic concoction poppy or moppy has made, and we are laughing and snickering when you accidentally push that little cutie miss. D has a crush on in the lake head first!!! Our kids are in soo much trouble!!!! they just think we are morans!!!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I love your blog-I can so relate. It sounds like my house. Oh, God bless that I am not alone...I say all the time, we are one step up from white trash. Not saying you are, but the yah-yah that goes on. It is always like a 3 ring circus-I guess thius the three kids (7,9 and 17). I adore this blog (I even added it onto mine in "notable web sites" becasue I am not the only one that deals with another wave of drama every day. I just wake up and say, Lord, what cha got for me today. It isn't long before he answers. I've learned to appreciate His sense of humor.