Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Slice and dice...

I tried to get the attic fan to work last night. I chanted "come on, come on, come on" with each rotation of the blades...it went faster and faster...got louder and louder. Not louder in the way that means it was going strong; more like it was about to come free from its mounting and kill everything in it's path.

I could just see the headlines in our paper: "Local Woman Julienned By Attic Fan"

Because I am a prudent woman I took a few steps back and observed it's progress from the boy's room. Magnuts was behind me and confirmed my suspicion that it really was louder than usual....I think, I couldn't hear him and his sign language is suspect at best.

It is dead, or I think we will be if we try to use it again. The AC is back on....

5 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I remember going to sleeep at night as a child by the humm of my parents attick fan. I would LOVE to have one of those. BTW_our air is shot. we need to call someone out but are trying to put it off until spring. I think it needs freon (misspelled).

Karen said...

Must be the season. Our attic fan has not been sounding too good either. Hopefully it cools down soon!

Sandy said...

Where do you live that they would spell julienned correctly in a headline?! Hope your day gets easier - or at least cooler.

Anonymous said...

Hey what a coincidence - I'm a fan of Ms Lewis.

For the Love... said...

Leigh-When ours worked, btw this is the 2nd one in 5 years, it was wonderful. The first one is the reason we no longer allow helium balloons in the house.

Karen-this is the worst time for it to go out...just when I am ready to take full advantage of the free cold air.

Sandy-Our newspaper would not even be familiar with the term. It is the most poorly written rag on earth. I must admit that without spell check every post would be riddled with spelling errors...kinda like the comments I post...(plus I have an unhealthy love of the elipsis)

Willowtree....I am afraid that I have to admit total ignorance...who is Ms Lewis? I feel like a total looser...