Monday, October 15, 2007

Jinx...

Saturday morning my Mom and I were enjoying coffee on the balcony while watching the ocean....this is when it happened. I stupidly said, "I can't believe we have been at the beach for almost a week and NOTHING blog worthy has happened."

I am a fool.

We needed to leave a little early so that we could be home in time for Magnut's football game. I got all of our junk together, marvelling at how our pile of stuff had doubled in just a few days. The FlyingMonkeys were corralled and run through the bathroom for one last "tee tee" while I took a final look under the beds. Goodbyes were said and we wrestled the overloaded luggage cart to elevator and made our way to the car.

....In football this would be called the end of our "forward progress."

It was a few minutes before 10am and I was in the groove...luggage loaded, kids belted in...and then I noticed...lots of people milling around...some were setting up chairs on the sidewalk..curiouser and curiouser....

Some genius decided that Saturday morning, exactly at check-out time, would be the perfect frickin time to close a few miles of Front Beach road for a Shriner's parade. We were stuck. We watched in horror as men careened down both lanes of the street in go-carts, 4 wheelers, and motorcycles. A few minutes into this exercise in brilliance I overheard someone say that the road would be closed until 11:30.

Unacceptable. We were going to wait for a "parade lull" and make a break for it. The parking lot exit was blocked...this did not stop us. We simply reversed until we were "going in through the out door." The plan was to jump right on in the parade and have the kids wave like crazy until I could whip us off on a side road.

The lull never came....but the clowns did. Me and clowns...not so much. The FlyingMonkeys decided it would be funny to sic one of the clowns on me. They got a particularly stupid one to come try and get me into the spirit of the parade. They were literally rolling on the ground laughing and pointing at me. Because they were watching me I could only mentally give the clown the "spirit finger."

We sat though the entire thing...next time instead of declaring something un-blog worthy I will be a little more clear- "Wow, we had a great relaxing time...no indoor water balloon fights, no one needed a cast and nothing was set on fire."

Duh.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha -- the blog blues got you!

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

I MISSED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never, ever say nothing is blog-worthy.

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

Oh - I missed ya!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Clowns are not nice people. I just wish they'd get a life and leave us the hell alone!

For the Love... said...

Southernbell-they did indeed...

Margaret-ditto girl! The beach was so much fun but it is good to be home.

Willowtree-Me too...they just creep me out.