Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Bet on it...

MonkeyBoy is running for SGA Treasurer. He needed to have to campaign posters and something to hand out to his constituents to make them remember to vote for him by 8am Monday morning. Because we have been out of town we ended up in a serious time crunch Sunday night.

I made our twice monthly big grocery trip Sunday and planned to pick up the supplies he needed for his campaign. At 5pm I came to the realization that there was NO play money to be found (not buying monopoly just for the stinkin $) and had to switch gears. At the Dollar Tree I found packs of poker chips-60 for a $1. Frickin perfect! His new slogan could be "Bet on MonkeyBoy!" and he could hand out poker chips with his name on them!!!! I bought glitter glue, 180 poker chips, and poster board.

I got started on the poker chips while Rob was looking for a picture of a Royal Flush to print and add to the poster...he found something better. Behold the picture that is the center of MonkeyBoy's poster:


Yes, that is MonkeyBoy's head....he doesn't usually have that smarmy grin on his face..that was a little something special for the poster.
He will be working on a speech to give tomorrow and elections are Thursday...he is not even nervous.

To be fair I am including a picture that does not make him look like such a goob...

Taken last week at the beach....my MonkeyBoy:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! He's such a cutie. Look at those freckles!

Anonymous said...

So using the Royal Flush I assume you've gone for derivation of the old "Honest John" slogan. I guess yours would be "Noble John"

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

handsome!!! And those freckles!! AAACCKKK!!! Them girls are gonna be callin!!

can I vote for MonkeyBoy? Is SGA election open to random people from the blogo-verse?

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Great photography!He has my vote!

Betti said...

It's fantastic that you're supporting MonkeyBoy's wishes - don't know what SGA stands for, but he's got my vote all the same!