Thursday, October 4, 2007

Am I Blue...

2:00am-

Wake up with full bladder. Upon standing need becomes exponentially worse and I shuffle/stumble through the dark; knees pressed firmly together.

Arrive at bathroom door, teeth gritted. Grab elastic waist band of PJs with both hands and shove them down as I waddle last 2 feet to the toilet.

**to explain what happened next I need to tell you about watching the Life Flight helicopters land at the hospital. If the patient aboard was stable the helicopter took its time, circled the pad and came straight down, nice and slow right to the middle spot. If the patient was not doing well the helicopter came screaming in at what seemed an impossible angle, no time for the nice little circle and soft landing.**

I was inches away from the toilet and urgency dictated the the "screaming angle" method of landing. I hit the seat....and then the seat and I slid off the toilet and into the tile wall. I tried to get my feet under me so that I would not fall to the floor. The shoving down of the pants while waddling apparently turned my PJs into one of these:

My knees were bound together. I was able to get my hands in front of me and thus avoided cracking my skull on the tile lip of the shower.

I just lay there in the dark for a moment. So grateful that I would not be found dead..bare arse in the air. Then the original reason for this little ballet of death came back to me with a vengeance. I flipped and I flopped...finally I was up. I grabbed the towel bar and lowered myself to do my business....when.....I noticed the toilet seemed lower than usual. Before my fuzzy brain registered that thing on the floor was the actual seat I had let go of the towel bar and was now wedged into a bowl of icy cold blue water.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to get any kind of leverage when your knees are still trussed together by your PJs?

Obviously I was able to remove myself....and because I have already told you more than you probably wanted to know I will end on a positive note... Tidy Bowl will not turn your arse blue.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG. I think I've done this as well. I'm so glad you made it out alive without help from the plunger. Because you KNOW that if you went for the plunger to help you up, it would end up in a bad place...

Ok, enough of the visuals! SO glad you survived!

Anonymous said...

Ha!!! It reminds me of when Aaron got stuck in the toilet. This is why my friend I always look before I sit, even if it means I tinkle the pants just a wee little bit.

Betti said...

Tidy Bowl on the heinie?! This is how crazy-ass spa treatments get started I think . . .

Anonymous said...

You really made me laugh out loud with this one.

Karen said...

I'm sorry to laugh at you, but that's just the funniest thing I've heard all day. Oh, my goodness! Thanks for sharing your embarrassment with us. And I'm sorry it happened to you. Really.

I think I wet myself laughing.

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

I am NOT laughing.... I promise. I am giggling though.

kellyo75 said...

Oh my gosh, this is hilarious! Well, not really, but it was hilariously written! I'm gonna put that little tidbit of information on my "Things you'd never thought you'd need to know, but may just come up some day" list

For the Love... said...

Mamalee-God I didn't even think about the plunger...so glad I didn't have to go there!

Nikki-I would have looked too, wouldn't have done me any good. Even though both hinges were broken the seat was sitting there like nothig was wrong...waiting for me...

Betti-I think you are dead on!

Southernbell-That makes me so happy!

The Rocking Pony-Funny how having a blog can turn the worst things (water balloon fight in the house, arse in the toilet bowl) into "not so bad" because we might be able to get a laugh out of it!

Margaret-Glad I could help...how many more days till you say "I do"?

Kelly075-Thanks so much! Glad you stopped by!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

that is to funny! sadly, I can relate....

Keri said...

I have this starred in my Reader. This is great!

One morning, not too long ago, I woke up with the Mississippi River backed up behind my flimsy bladder muscles. As I was relieving myself, Stinkerbell comes running.

Mommy I'm sick. I'm gonna frow up!

We have 3 toilets in our house. But she always runs to my bathroom first. Seeing her cheeks puffed out and her skin turning green and hearing her gag, I knew she couldn't make it to another bathroom. I also knew there was no stopping the mighty Mississippi now that it had started its, um, er, flow.

So, Stinkerbell puked between my legs as I peed.

A proud moment for me as a mother.