Friday, January 18, 2008

Epilogue...

A little addendum...a month after we were married I was back at work and not feeling so well. So one day at lunch I, dressed in my BDU's (battle dress uniform), jumped in my camouflaged work truck and headed to the PX to pick up a pregnancy test. I returned to my unit and slipped into the Commander's bathroom to take the test.


When you work with nothing but men...perhaps taking a pregnancy test at work is not the best idea...especially if there is any chance it might come up positive. They did not react well when I emerged from the bathroom in a total daze holding a little white stick with a pink plus sign on it. It appears that a female holding a positive pregnancy test and wandering through the building in a fog freaks them out...big time.

Rob and I were both very happy...but I kept thinking..."How in the hell am I going to tell my Dad about this...He is a Dr. he is going to KNOW how this happened..."


Months later, after I was too large to fit into the Army's Maternity Battle Dress Uniform (yeah, that is funny no?), Miss-D was born...and my parents were smitten. Those two were made to be grandparents. As a matter of fact my Mom loves to tell people that had she known being a grandparent was so much fun she would have done it first.

****
I am so relieved that y'all seemed to like the Wedding Story....I thought it might end up being too long and a total snore-fest.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Sandy said...

That is funny - that you were too big to fit in the maternity uniform!

Glad your parents were smitten and that your happy ending is continuing.

Aimee said...

Very cute story! Not boring at all.

Have a great weekend. :)

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

LOVE it!

Karen said...

Maternity BDUs. Hahaha! I didn't know.

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

I love this story. You guys are too cute.