Thursday, January 3, 2008

I am back.

This is my first Christmas as a blogger and blogging kinda fell by the wayside. The FlyingMonkeys got out of school the 14th of December and finally go back today. In the "good old days" my Dad said that Christmas break was "a week to wait for your toys and a week to break them." This has been a long long break.


On a brighter note, Magnuts did get the Electric Shock game. Let me just say for the record that 3 AAA batteries can light your arse up. After he opened it we popped the batteries in and started playing. Magnuts beat Rob and then moved on to whip his cousin Andrew...his 28 year old cousin Andrew. He was undefeated...the men could not make it past round 6. I then challenged my Dad. We were the first to make it all the way to round 10...and we squirmed and gasped the whole way. Later in the day I looked at the bottom of one of the controls and was "shocked" to read: "THIS IS NOT A TOY. NOT FOR USE IN CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 14. PEOPLE WITH HEART PROBLEMS SHOULD NOT USE THIS DEVICE...."

I am a genius.



In other news....MonkeyBoy had been asking for a Wii as a family present. He had been extolling its virtues since late August. I told him that they could not be found..unless you were willing to sell organs to pay the pirates on EBay. He was talking about it at the lake and my Mom overheard him and asked him "What was that game you were talking about...a "They"?" He rolled his little blue eyes and told her...slower and louder..."Moppy, it is a Wii...a Wii, not a They..." and proceeded to explain more than anyone on earth would ever need/want to know about them. At the time that this occurred my Mom had already purchased, wrapped and placed a Wii under the tree for the kids...she just loved "giving him the business" and continued to do so until Christmas day.



All and all a good time was had by all. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

1 comment:

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

May I please come over and play with the Wii? Or the They? Whatever? Please??????? I want one. Mark says no. He's a meanie-head.