Thursday, July 26, 2007

Kitty From Hell

I never write a post in the morning, they are usually written the day or days before hand....Until this morning. I was getting my morning news fix and saw this from AP:

Oscar the Cat Predicts Nursing Home Deaths

This fricken cat lives in a nursing home in Providence, RI and is their very own little grim reaper.

"After about six months, the staff noticed Oscar would make his own rounds, just like the doctors and nurses. He'd sniff and observe patients, then sit beside people who would wind up dying in a few hours."

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! ARE YOU FRICKIN KIDDING ME?!?! I would lock my arse in the bathroom every morning and hold my breath until the little hairy harbinger of death passed me by.

Based on this:
"Dosa said Oscar seems to take his work seriously and is generally aloof. "This is not a cat that's friendly to people," he said."
and this:
"one (family member) wanted Oscar out of the room while a family member died. When Oscar is put outside, he paces and meows his displeasure."
I think that it is safe to say that this cat is a minion of Satan-marking the helpless and sucking their very souls from their bodies as they die. "Not friendly to people" NO SHITE!

As you can probably tell this story has gotten to me. I started thinking about my own Grandmother who lives in a nursing home. We call her Flo and she is not what most people would consider grandmotherly...in fact she would be almost the exact opposite. I can actually picture her, "tippy toeing" her wheel chair (she sits forward in it and uses just the balls of her feet and toes to propel herself around) all over the nursing home with a pocket full of kitty treats. She would love that place, you cut in front of her at lunch-cat nip under your pillow.

Anyway..Oscar recently got a wall plaque commending his "commpassionate hospice care" for playing Death's version of "eeny meeny miny moe." For the love....

13 comments:

Super B's Mom said...

I am LMAO about the cut-off/catnip comment. I have such an awesome visual of that scenario.

The only thing that would be creepier is if Oscar looked like Mr. Bigglesworth.

Anonymous said...

it is creepy but a little sweet too!

Anonymous said...

It kind of creeps me out. My moms cat has not been leaving my grandma alone. She sleeps with her, sits in her room..........It's official. I'm now paranoid.

Gina said...

I'm scared. Hold me.

AfKaP said...

Why would they want an UNFRIENDLY cat in a nursing home!? Harrumph - I don't like this story!! It's just going to freak people out and not do cats any good at all!

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! I'm locked in the bathroom with you girlfriend.


Oh...and by the way TAG, you're it. :)

willowtree said...

Someone should test that cat! Damn thing could be toxic! That would explain why those frail people die after it hangs around their room all day.

Aimee said...

BAHAHAAH I love Flo!

And yeah, the cat thing is slightly crazy I'd say.

Anonymous said...

well, i just don't think you could have described Flo any better!!! Fabulous!!!!
We have just inherited a new 12 week old kitten. LK named her Liesl (sound of music). You KNOW i am not a cat person. She is really good though. Came right in took a dump in the litter box, wiped her feet on the mat, and curled up in my lap and went to sleep! Why didn't anyone tell me about cats before I had three kids?!?!?!?

For the Love... said...

Super B's Mom - seriously, she would do it in a heart beat.

Chelle-creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy......*shiver*

Nikki - How attached is your Mom to this cat?

Gina - right there with ya!

Purpleworms - No doubt-seriously why in the world would you have an unfriendly animal of any kind around people who are so fragile?

Crazy Working Mom - Come on in-but shut the door quickly!

Willowtree - Seems that they have considered every option but that one. So the jump to supernatural talent was easier than the one to the cat making people sick?!?!

Aimee - You prob. think I am just kidding about Flo-I'm not.... BTW I actually had a real "Aunt Flo."

Katfish - Genius, a cat is just what you need during a big move! LOL! Let me know when you are in the new place.

Anonymous said...

I saw this on the news (news? Ok.) too. And he was such a cute cat.

It sure makes you wonder, doesn't it? I have four cats, who I will be watching very closely.......

Anonymous said...

you will just die when you find out why i have this cat. it has to do with a murder, a funeral, a long lost friend, and mental instability. (mine is the latter.) I had another funeral in Monroeville, AL last week, I so thought i had figured out Nelle Harper Lee was there, just shy of stalking this woman graveside, i find out it wasn't her. (she was friends with the dead man) LK has named the cat Liesl. (sound of music) Don't worry, I already have decided she will be an outdoor cat at the new house so you can't say NO to visiting!!!! BTW, you have no problem saying no to me!!!!!
anyhoo, i had my whole running group laughing this morning telling them your Flo story about the catnip!!!!!! You Rock!!! I always new you should be a writer! love ya'll-katfish
ps-we closed thursday, we get possesion of new house tuesday morning. i have a feeling we may be possibly moving in with the family!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carla said...

I have read that some dogs sense when people are about to have a seizure. HHHMMM. I like that he cozies up but does he really KNOW when someone is going to go? freaky