Monday, July 23, 2007

Monday

I had planned to use the answers to Friday's post in today's. My brain feels like mush at the moment. I got up at the crack of dawn Saturday for no apparent reason; by 6am I had decided to make the 10 mile trip into town to get a copy of Harry Potter. It was no problem, our Wal-Mart still had several large stacks of the book.

I got home and dove in. I had promised myself that I would try and "drink it slowly" but I was only kidding myself. At around 4pm I had gotten down to the last 50 pages or so and decided I needed a quick break and wanted a tiny little bitty drinky. I took a few minutes to get dinner started (apparently my family still expects to eat even though I was in the middle of something very important..) and to make the littee bitteee drinkeee and was finished with Harry Potter by 5.

The BEST of the series. Think of how many series, tv or books, that have ended poorly. I don't just mean sadly but just in a crappy stupid way ( I believe that some say The Sopranos would be a good example of this). This was such a good book, and the ending was smart and didn't leave me feeling like there were a hundred loose ends that would never make sense. It even left me with a new character to add to my list of favorites...

I have tried not to say anything here that might be a spoiler and will wait until more have had a chance to finish the book before going into any real detail. So for those who are reading it-HURRY UP! I need someone to talk to about this book!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Paulette Foley said...

Thank God! Someone as crazy as me! I stood in line at midnight Friday (at Walmart...so line was really nothing)...wanted to just read a chapter, by 5:00 am I was 3/4 through the book...couldn't PUT IT DOWN! Mind you, I am also in the midst of remodeling and moving, so daytime reading was NOT an option. Though bone tired from not enough sleep and working hard all day Saturday...I finished it up early Sunday morning.
I LOVED IT! This was definitely my favorite and I totally agree with you about the ending. If you need to converse (as I do) my email is paulettefoley3@aol.com.

Keri said...

I don't read Harry Potter, so you won't be spoiling anything for me. Email me with the ending. I want to be all smug with my Potterheads.

auburngalalways at gmail dotcom

Phoenix said...

Hey, hey, I've finished it too. **Waves arms around wildly.*** In fact, I'm re-reading it.

I loved it and I fully agree with you. My site today is a love of Harry, but Spoiler free zone. But if you want to talk about it, email me. ;)

Super B's Mom said...

I've never read Harry Potter. I'm afraid I'll be possessed by demons and my soul will be cursed to the fiery pits of hell.

Seriously, I've just been too lazy to get them. My MIL has them. Perhaps I will sneak over tonight and steal them from her....

Mooohahaha

Anonymous said...

I can not get into reading the HP books.
(ducks and runs for cover)

I just lost major point there didn't I?

For the Love... said...

Thanks for the E-mails guys!!!!
It was great to hear that I was not totally insane.

Super B's Mom- GET THEM!

Nikki-No worries!

Gina said...

I got it yesterday, I'm on page 400 and something, but I don't think I will get to finish for a couple of days. But so far, it is awesome!

Jennifer said...

Gah! I gotta start reading!!!

mommiebear2 said...

So I have never read any of the Harry Potter books but obviously need to start eh? If you havent tried this series yet, check out the Southern Vampires or something like that - love 'em!!