Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Learning To Listen....

Last week I got an evening call from one of the Moms on Magnut's baseball team. She had to work the next day and needed me to keep her children for a few hours. No problem....When I met her the next morning to pick them up I really should have paid more attention when she was telling them, "Mrs. Reevesfarm has my permission to use the belt." SHUT UP! WAH!!! Ladies and Gents that should make the little mental alarms in your brains go ape shite.

We started the morning at our house with no problems. I decided that taking them to lunch should be smooth sailing too (plus I had nothing in the house to feed them). Lunch went very well, so a short trip to Wal-Mart should be easy breezy, no? IT WAS NOT, IT SUCKED AND I WISHED I HAD A BELT. Not really, well kinda......It was so bad that as one point I lost the ability to form coherent sentences....Miss-D told me "Use your words."

One of the kids snatched my medicine out of the buggy and launched it onto the top shelf of maxi pads; he hid, he ran, he yelled. I just wanted to go, and they were only gonna be my problem for about 30 more minutes. This is when I spotted the candy aisle...

So for all of you thinking-"Oh, Reevesfarm, you should never reward such bad behavior..."

Kiss my arse....I am still twitching...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh heh heh...I'm with ya girlfriend! Treats for everyone (double for yourself, hmmm?)

Great post.

Aimee said...

I thought for sure you would have taken them to the belt department. LOL

Anonymous said...

I am all about the path of least resistance.

Phoenix said...

I think rewarding bad behavior is cool sometimes....you know when they don't belong to you. Did you have a drink when they left? My friend always says she realizes how normal and easy her kids are when she has playdates with kids outside the normal group.

The belt? What a psycho.

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

Will that work for me?

Hey Mark, Mrs ReevesFarm said I could have a giant bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream for dessert!

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

Hey - Lady - I just wrote about you. Smoochies.