Monday, July 2, 2007

Getting My MP3 Playlist Right...

My MP3 player is really finicky about playlists. The only way to create one is by making the genre of all the songs you want on that list the same. This won't really bother me as my music taste could best be described as schizophrenic. I like to hear some old school Run DMC Tricky followed by Come by Me (Harry Connick Jr), I'm weird like that.

I was not aware of how many songs I have that are not edited for radio and this makes hitting "play all" dicey. This came to my attention while listening to Radio Head's Creep, in my version he is a WHOLE lot more special......


Seriously, while I love Blister in the Sun I just don't think the FlyingMonkeys are ready for it.

Maybe its got something to do with luck.....

Oh Sweet God...

Maybe I will just change the genre for all of my songs to "mom's cleaning music," that should guarantee the purity of the kid's ears.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I listen to Mika all the time with Hailey. She sings the one about the man having addictive gay affairs in the cutest little 2 year old chirp. It's awesome and horrifying.

Super B's Mom said...

I feel ya sista. Reminds me of my "Funky Cold Medina" incident.

Nothing like your 4-yr-old coming up to you and saying, "Mommy, Sheena was a MAN!"

Crazy Working Mom said...

This same thing happened to me last week. I pulled out my Ipod when my little one was fussy at the restaurant. I just turned it on and let him play with it. Then the 4 year old started listening to it and there was a song on that she SHOULD NOT be listening to it. *Sigh*

Anonymous said...

i realized the same thing, only it was one morning on the way to school. I had mine hooked up in the suburban, yes folks, count the seats, multiply by 2 ears for each kid, and you get a lot of "innappropriate lyrics" soaked into those precious little brains! My Humps isn't so cute when my four year old sings it, nor is smack that out of a two year olds mouth!!! When hubby heard my music, he looked at me w/ those puppy dog eyes and said something to the effect that he doesn't know me any more!!!! HEHEHEHE!!!!

Anonymous said...

There is actually a commercial that uses Blister in the Sun as it's theme music. I always wonder if they are really trying to sell blow jobs....

Anonymous said...

Jenny - Years ago the kids snaked my husband's Adam Sandler CD out of the book. and smoke my marijuana, drink my gin and tonic-ah....

SuperB'sMom- If you really wanna freak them out let them get a load of Lola....La La La La Lola....

Crazy Working Mom - I know!! As I mentioned I have the very special version of Creep so f*ucking special, but I'm a creep..

Katfish - Can't believe he even noticed the music, isn't watching your re-fueling vehicle his job?!?! Just kidding---Have you let them hear "Straight To Hell" yet? Drivin N' Cryin--good times...

Nikki - If they are they could make a mint---Marriage..the anti bj