Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Bleep...

As a parent, sometimes my learning experiences fall into the "horse has already left the barn" category. Especially if it concerns anything that happens after 10pm. Take Adult Swim for an example...never heard of it...until I happened to be up one night and saw it on the tube. Not on just any TV but the one the kids were camped out in front of...the one tuned in to Cartoon Network with the sleep timer on. If you are unfamiliar with Adult Swim it is the programming that begins after 10pm...cartoons for adults.

Had another "empty barn" moment this weekend. Are y'all aware that after midnight Comedy Central becomes completely uncensored? I wasn't...till Saturday.

It was midnight and I was snuggled down but wanted to leave the TV on a little longer. I was flipping through the channels when I noticed a Jeff Foxworthy thing on Comedy Central...and thought..."how bad could this be" (by that I mean how nasty...I was aware that it would be lame). I figured that if a kiddo wandered in while it was on I would be ok...how about a big fat no. F-bombs abound...there were things said that would have made Jane Fonda blush...

So, as a public service to anyone as clueless as I about all things occurring after 10ish...Cartoon Network and Comedy Central not so much for kids.

5 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Geez....I had no idea!! Thanks for the warning!

Anonymous said...

I knew about Cartoon Network, but not about Comedy Central. Thankfully all my kiddos are (usually) in bed by then. (And hey! I kind of dig Foxworthy and the Blue Collar peeps.)

BTW- why is it my Bloglines reading list won't keep up with your site?

For the Love... said...

Leigh...I do what I can...

Nikki-Mine are usually in bed by then too...but they were sleeping in the den which is pretty close to my bedroom so they could have actually heard what I was listening to. I have no idea why it won't...Am I supposed to ping my site or something?

Anonymous said...

I knew about Adult Swim but not Comedy Central. Wow. I think how stupid can a channel be that is for children to play adult swim. I understand children should not be watching at that time. But... Just the same on a childrens channel.

Willow said...

I'll occasionally fall asleep watching something pretty innocent and wake up to a child in the room who can't sleep and a totally different show on the tube (complete with language and semi-nudity) on the same channel.

Or the kids will flip through (damn insomnia for the 7 year old) and will catch something like Drawn Together (adult cartoon)...yikes.

I wish I could completely disconnect my tv in the middle of the night without having to reset all the settings every time. (When you unplug everything goes back to "default." Bleugh.)