Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Reevesfarm Learning Annex *snort*

Up until this weekend both boys wore those boxer/brief type underpants. MonkeyBoy asked me to get him some regular 'old school' boxers. After Magnuts saw them he had to wear them too.
A few nights ago I overheard the boys in the kitchen.

Magnuts-Wedgie wedgie wedgie.....

MonkeBoy-NO!!! a boxer wedgie really hurts...

So of course I go to Rob...the answerer of all things penile. Apparently there is a huge difference between a boxer/brief wedgie and a boxer wedgie. As the groin guru so delicately explained it...

It is all about seams...the boxer/brief has seams that run on both sides of the actual crotchal area. So if one applies direct pressure from above/aka a wedgie, the pressure is distributed equally over the area causing a tight "cupping" effect. Uncomfortable, but not deadly.

The true boxers have a middle seam. Picture the garrote killings in your favorite Mafia movies...one guy sneaks up behind another guy, slips piano wire around his neck and WHAMMO. It is kind of like that, but worse...according to Rob. In a boxer wedgie the center seam is rocketed straight up into "the area." It does not need to be a direct hit, or "center mast" if you will, a grazing of any portion of the area is enough to cause problems.

Boy children, a continuing education.

6 comments:

Sandy said...

I never knew that. I will pass that info on to my grandson before he "graduates" to old school boxers.

Mrs. Schmitty said...

My boys still like their tightie whities like dad. No seams to disturb the natural balance of things.

For the Love... said...

Sandy-I am learning all kinds of stuff about boys...good and ummmm things that might fall under the TMI rule.

Mrs.Schmitty-It does seem like those would be soooooo much easier. Avoid all of that tucking and you wouldn't feel like you were wearing shorts under your jeans.

Sabrina said...

I have learned so much in just that quick little post. . .never thought I would say it, but I'm so glad I am still dealing with diapers. Who knew things would still be "tricky" when they move into big boy underwear. . .

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

Wow.... it's amazing the stuff you learn on blogs.

I feel so edu-ma-cated.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Holy Cow! I never considered such lagistics! Wow! I am now educated on the subject and feel that I can offer my three boys adequte answers to this, er-probing topic. I feel so enlightened. I am serious in saying this. I am. This is why I ADORE your blog. You so rawk! YOu give the answers that we could only hope for.