Monday, February 4, 2008

Super Bowl Comercials....

There have been years when I actually had to get up during the game to get a drink because the game was mediocre and the commercials were must see. This was not one of those years.

There were a few that stood out...I loved the tire commercial with the screaming squirrel. The squirrel screams, every animal on earth screams and then the lady in the car barreling towards it screams. This was a good commercial...had it showed a little puddle of squirrel urine after the car missed it...it could have been great.

I also loved the Doritos ad with the mouse that rips through the wall and beats the crap out of the guy. I am sick that way…one of my favorite shows of all times was the “Happy Slapsgiving” episode of How I Met Your Mother. There is just something about grown men slapping the crap out of each other.

The other tire commercial where the driver speeds up when he sees Richard Simmons in the road…also a good one.

There were a few others that we thought were funny…but it just wasn’t like it has been. We ended up seeing tons of local commercials. Crap that comes on ten times a day during lunch time programming…junk. There should be a law. No commercials will be shown during the Super Bowl unless they meet certain criteria; they must be brand new and they must be funny.

I do not want to watch the two guys that do food service for Samford University talk about how they choose BCBS as the insurance for their employees. I have guide info on my TV…I KNOW that Sara Conner Chronicles are coming on tonight at 8 central…you do not need to remind me 15 different times. Are the NASCAR people forgetful…do they really need you to remind them a dozen times that there is a race coming up?

What commercials did y’all like?

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Is there a race coming up? Just kidding. I know there is although there has been NO mention of it in my local media.

I did not watch the Super Bowl, except for the last 7 minutes. How lucky am I?

Eli Manning rocks!

For the Love... said...

Sandy you gotta love Eli...even if it was just so you could watch his hottie brother cheer him on from the sky box....