Friday, March 14, 2008

Beach Music

Everyone probably has their own version of beach music, for me it was :

And this:

A little of this:

And Mr. Earl of course...

This music puts me right back in my parent's station wagon on our way to the beach. They liked to drive down at night with the kids stretched out in the back on a pallet. The windows were open and the music was just loud enough for us to hear.

Going to the beach with my parents is one of my best memories. The music just brings it all back...we learned to make drip castles, play cards and shower outside. I also learned that if you drink Boones Farm Strawberry Hill you can't get sunburned...but you have to drink it the entire time you are in the sun.

***This research was completed by the adults...

We would go out to the beach in the morning and stay until it was dark. We had sandy pb& js for lunch and if we were very lucky had a burger from Thomases for dinner.

My parents saved their change all year, and a few days before our beach trip was going to end it was divided between the kids for a trip to the arcade. It was a great place, snow cones and ski ball.

I have packed my quarters, my music, my "sunscreen", and am ready to hit the road...hope you all have a great week!

4 comments:

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

take me with you??

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Have a great time!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

BTW- "if you drink Boones Farm Strawberry Hill you can't get sunburned...but you have to drink it the entire time you are in the sun."

Is it true that you can't get sunburned---or that you just dont care/feel it?

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the good ole days we would ride to the lake with the windows down, and the gas tank on empty, but the cooler full of the beast lite beer! You could bet on great tunes, great food, and great times at the lake! miss ya-katfish