Friday, March 28, 2008

Sleep Drinker

Today is the last day of Rob's strange schedule. No more sleeping all day and working all night!

This morning he noticed my bed side table and asked me, "How much do you drink in your sleep?'

Uh...yeah...my dirty little secret...I am a sleep drinker. Seriously, I go through at least two diet cokes a night...in my sleep. Now if we have pizza for dinner I know that I better bring 4 drinks to bed.

Taking 4 canned drinks to bed is embarrassingly weird...but experience has taught me that I might as well suck it up and bring all I think I will need. If I run out it wakes me up and then I can not go back to sleep until I have gotten something else to drink.

Rob was stunned that I was not up and down all night going to the bathroom. I never wake up because I have to go...only when I am thirsty. Even on a 4 drink night I am good until I wake up.

Am I the only person who does this?

5 comments:

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

sometimes I do that. You're not alone.

I just don't do it every night. And I only get up to pee at night if I drink water or gatorade.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I would pee all night, not to mention the whole caffiene thing kicking the adhd, would totally forget that I was suppose to be sleeping...I cut the drinks off at 7 or else I just might as well just sleep on the john...I would be a great over active bladder commercial, damn I am old...later-have a house full of kids tonight...diet sprite and absolut (twist of lime)take me away....

Sandy said...

I do it sometimes, too. But then I do have to get up and recycle it, too.

Aimee said...

how funny. I've never heard of this. YOu might be better off if they made canned water.

Anonymous said...

You Ain't right, that is all i have to say, oh, yeah, are you gonna post about the night you DID get up to go to the bathroom?!?!?!? LOL HHHHAAAAA!