Monday, March 31, 2008

It's alive!

Remember how I am not so good with plants? How until this year I was 0/2 for the 3rd grade cabbage project?

I put this one, my last one Magnuts' out about 5 weeks ago. It was only about 3 inches tall when I put it in this pot. This is a giant pot...notice how little the brick in the upper right corner is compared to it.

I think it is still alive because I planted it and totally forgot about it. I have not attempted to water, fertilize or do any other gardener type stuff to it.

At maturity this cabbage averages 40lbs...if it survives we will be taking slaw to every family function for the next 6 months...in a Hefty leaf bag.

2 comments:

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

first of all - 40 pound cabbage? ICK.

Second - holy crap is that a big pot. WTH??

For the Love... said...

Margaret...does this mean you are not a big fan of TheSlaw?????

The pot is designed to hold a tree...or a child, depends on what floats your boat.