Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Flip flops and bug guts



The giant frickin itsy bitsy spider.

Wolf spiders have been coming down out of the bathroom fan in the kid's bathroom. The BugGuy showed up today and I asked him what we could do about it. He said that he had some poison he could pump into the attic that would kill ANYTHING up there. The whole thing only took 3 minutes and he was on his way. He did pause by the back door---"Oh, ahh, Mrs. Reevesfarm--you might notice a bunch more spiders in the next few hours they will try to pour out of any hole they can find to get away from the poison. Buh-By-see yah next month."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? Have you seen Arachnophobia? And BugGuy said Wolf spiders bite but that "it won't really hurtcha." Well aside from the heart attack from just seeing it.

My flip flops are not gonna do the job. The spiders are inside so shooting them might be overkill-time to break out the shopvac with the extra long hose. Wish me luck....

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What you need are some massive hiking boots to destroy all those suckers. I'm getting shivers just thinking about spiders! Thanks for the nightmares!

Super B's Mom said...

A good pair of Rocky boots would do the trick.

We've got those muthas at our house too. Super Dad made fun of me for running through the house screaming that a wolf spider was "chasing me."

Hey I ain't lyin...they can jump like a jack rabbit.

Gina said...

I don't normally freak out over spiders, but a bunch of evil looking ones pouring out of my ceiling would definitely do the trick!

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

I would so be in a hotel room. No effing way.

Anonymous said...

Aaaack! I would rent a room tonight!

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I so would not be there!!!!!!!!! Scary!

Brighton said...

My kirby vaccum is my best friend while the tree roaches are trying to get into the house.
I could use a shot gun though, the damn things are so big!
Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

how many came a runnin'?

Betti said...

do share - did you end up spotting any more spiders?

For the Love... said...

UPDATE:

We did not see ANY spiders!!!! One roach dead on the floor but that was it...first roach I have ever seen in this house....

Karen said...

AAACCCKKKKK! I'm freaking just thinking about those things coming out of holes in the house. I hate them. With a passion.