Thursday, August 16, 2007

Scanners and Scumbags...

I am looking for someone who knows how to use the "search" function on a BC 210XLT scanner. I found one in a closet and have punched in the police code that I found for our Sheriff on-line and I got nada. When I push "search" it says "error." I would really like to get this thing working because twice in the last week the police have been searching for a bad guy in/or around the woods behind my house.

One of the goobers was actually spotted running through the woods right towards my house. Did the Sheriff call me to alert me? No, a neighbor did. Even though they asked the neighbor who lived over in the direction that he was running and she told them and gave them my number, and told them to please call me. I spent 3 hours with the doors locked, alarm on, loaded gun at hand waiting to see what would happen. When they eventually did arrest this guy it was my neighbor, not the Sheriff who called and gave me the all clear.

So, for my own peace of mind I would like to know what is going on around here. If they are chasing some armed and dangerous nut job near my house I would like the oppertunity to call the FlyingMonkeys inside. Yes-I know every Mom on earth would just love to see their child used as a human shield but it would really interfere with our afternoon routine.

For those of you that know our history I am sure that you would agree that THE VERY LEAST the Sheriff's department could do for us is warn me when they are up to something right next to my house.

On a lighter note:

I was tagged by the Crazy Working Mom for the 7 P's.

1. Passion: Whah? I have been married 13 years what the heck is that?
2. Purpose: To get kids to school so that I can have some peace and quiet
3. Pursuit: Teaching them to drive so that they can get themselves to school.
4. Position: Sloutched in computer chair blinking eyes trying to wake up.
5. Pummeling: All the idiot meth heads that are trying to ruin our area. Seriously, if you are stupid enough to be driving around making meth in your car don't expect anyone to feel sorry for you when your car bursts into flames.
6. Progress: I have quit wishing death to all meth heads every time I have to stand in line to get Sudafed.
7. Personality: Snarky but sweet....kinda after lots of coffee

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"snarky but sweet". I love it! Thanks for playing! :)

Have you tried googling that model number to find online directions?

Super B's Mom said...

You could probably just take it to Radio Shack and have someone show you. Just show some leg. And don't forget your bra. :P

I had no idea how to use my scanner either until I took it to Talladega and let a drunk guy program it for me. It was pretty impressive.

Anonymous said...

Passion!?!??! What's that after 4 years of marriage?

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

so what type of gun ya got?

For the Love... said...

Crazy Working Mom-TY! yes I tried they have directions for every stinkin model but that one.

Super B's Mom-tried that today-only girls working-cute college girls who would call the cops if I showed some leg....

Nikki-I hear yah girl!

Margaret-410-I can shoot from the hip and hit anything. Love it! What kind do you have?