Wednesday, August 1, 2007

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year.........

Yeah, I am singing Christmas carols! Including, but not limited to this: And Mom and Dad can hardly wait for school to start again....

The end of May saw my first post, the one where I talked about 2 of my favorite things coming to an end-free cold air and school. Well, I do live in south Alabama so the free cold air is still months away-but school-just around the corner!

Making a list checking it twice-a school supply list that is. I have noticed that the supply list seems to be inversely proportionate to age of the child. K-5th grade are the worst, there was a time when I had all 3 in that age group and I needed a bank loan and a U-Haul to get all of the stuff to school. Seriously-on top of all of the glue sticks, pencils, scissors, graph paper, construction paper, notebooks, steno pads, and crayons-each child needed 2 packs of copy paper, paper towels, hand sanitizer, and tissues.

This year the FlyingMonkeys have missed their friends and are ready to go back. So...all school supplies have been acquired and labeled accordingly. I even managed to find the red shorts and thick white t-shirts Miss-D will need for PE, they have been washed, folded and added to her stack of school supplies.....

Its the most wonderful time of the year...
With the school bells a-ringing
And mommies a singing "school time is here!"
It's the most wonderful time of the year!

10 comments:

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

Woo hoo for you!!!!! I bet you are sooo excited.

Kathy said...

I can hardly wait! We still have 5 more weeks to go. Time to start the shopping.

mommiebear2 said...

Having two little ones still in the younger grades, I am afraid it is still causing us to take a loan out for the 100.00 worth of school supplies needed. How do people with like 6 children do it???

For the Love... said...

Margaret - I am, glad to see you up and around!

Motomom - Mine start on the 8th!!!!!

Mommiebear2-I have no idea. There have been years that I had to get all the school stuff + they all needed new tennis shoes and then there is snack and lunch $. I had to buy Miss-D 4 sets of new pants last year-she out grew her jeans that fast. Still, small price to pay for a few hours of peace and quiet, ummmm-I mean a quality education.

Phoenix said...

Yea for you.

I'm just getting to the point in my life where I don't want to vomit when I see the school commercials.

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

I suppose two years old is too young to ship a kid off to school, eh? Darn.

Anonymous said...

There are no school aged kids at my house, but I can't wait for the first day of school, Aug. 8.

That's the first day af toddler only time at the pool! No more screaming girls and strutting boys to knock over my Punkin' or steal his toys.

And no one left to giggle at Mommy thunder thighs in her "bathing dress"!

Gina said...

Mine goes to preschool five days a week this year, although not until September. I don't know what I am going to do with all that free time, though.

Anonymous said...

hehe I am glad you are so excited!

Anonymous said...

Thank God for our PTA doing pre packaged school supplies!!! It is an AWESOME thing!!!! Miss ya'll! We are all moved in!!! It is nuts around here!!! love, katfish