Friday, August 31, 2007

Umm Umm Good..

Since this heat looks like it will NEVAH go away I thought I might share with you a really easy yummy recipe that is perfect for this hotter than hell weather. I came up with this late one afternoon at the lake. We had been swimming all day long and had forgotten that we would actually need to feed everyone. I was asked to throw something together with what I could find-I found linguine noodles, leftover smoked chicken, onions and tomatoes. So here is my Greek Chicken Pasta:



3 chicken breasts cooked and shredded

3 large tomatoes, chopped

1 large onion, diced

Balsamic Vinegar

Olive Oil

1 can black olives

Feta cheese

Linguini noodles


Cook noodles according to package directions. In a large skillet add 2 Tbs of olive oil and sauté onions for about 4 minutes then add tomatoes. Toss a in a pinch of Kosher salt and continue cooking until the onions are translucent. Toss in your shredded chicken and 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar; continue cooking on a medium heat until the tomatoes are totally soft and separating from their skin. You may need to add more olive oil to keep the mixture moist.
Toss chicken mixture and drained black olives with cooked, drained pasta. Cover and chill. Before serving you will need to re-toss and will probably need to add a little more olive oil and balsamic. Top each serving with feta cheese.


This keeps very well and is actually better the day after it is made. Plus you can change it up in any number of ways depending on what you have on hand..I have made it with artichoke hearts, and instead of just topping the servings with feta have added chilled cherry tomatoes and fresh sweet basil. Serve it with some nice crusty French bread and you can’t go wrong…..

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is fabulous!!! i have been lucky enough to be served this wonderful dish AT the lake!!!! Yummy! Although it never tastes as good when i make it!-katfish

Super B's Mom said...

Yummy!! I think I will make it this weekend and pretend that I came up with the recipe on my own....

Oh who the crap am I kidding. Super Dad is smarter than that...

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

mmmm... actually that's a little too non "meat-and-taters" for me. But I will make that for mark. he'd love it.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Bet it's great with the Feta.

Kathy said...

Sounds yummy, and more importantly easy! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

ok, i made it last night, still not as good as when you make it! Although I did have to leave out the blk olives b/c J. doesn't like them! Yet, he did go for seconds and put the leftovers in the fridge vs. the trash!!!-katfish

Anonymous said...

Totally sounds delicious! Amazing what we can do on the fly eh?

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy except for the olive part. That makes me want to gag.

Gina said...

That sounds really good!