Thursday, June 7, 2007

Happy Anniversary Baby....

13 years today, who would'a thunk it?

Remember when we first got married and you filled out your life insurance policy so that I was the beneficiary? And that same night I fed you bloody chicken......good times....


Or how about the day our first child was born? The Army Barber with the hook shaved your head to the skin while I was getting the epidural. When after what seemed like 10 years she was actually born, and yours was the first face she saw.


The day we moved into our first apartment in Germany, how that night after finally getting both kids settled down we simultaneously realized that it was our anniversary and laughed our butts off.

When Magnuts was born, and we laughed at the lady down the hall who kept screaming "Fabio, Fabioooooo, Fabiooooooo."

The next two years sucked. You being deployed to Kosovo right after Magnuts was born was not part of our plan.

Then you came home and our life was good. I will never forget how hard you worked for our family, full time student, full time job, National Guard, full time Daddy, and worlds best Husband. How you graduated in 3 years, Magna, is beyond me, I am so proud of you.

I know how lucky I am, not everyone gets to be married to their best friend.

16 comments:

Super B's Mom said...

Your words made me want to cry! What a touching post. Like you, I'm so thankful to be married to my best friend. It's sad that not everyone knows how that feels.

Happy Anniversary to you!!

Anonymous said...

If the next 30+ years gives us half the laughs that we have had together over the past 13, then I will have lived a rich fulfilling life ... with you by my side. You stuck with me through the good, the bad & the odd. I sure love you for that. Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

oooooooh, now I think it would be funny to yell "Fabiooooo" during labor - Mr. Hubby would laugh at it, but I doubt that other family members would appreciate it . . .

Rob makes a good point; marraige is about good, bad and ODD stuff - no-one really mentions the "odd" part when you're engaged, but is well worth pointing out.

Congratulations to both of you!

Southern Fried Mom said...

I am crying! Okay, so I have PMS, but that is a totally rocking love letter to your hubby. Give him an extra kiss for his service to our country!

Aimee said...

What a great post! Happy Anniversary! Thanks for the warning on odd. eek!

For the Love... said...

Thanks all of you!

Rob, see you tonight, and I am gonna shave my legs and everything!

Super B's Mom said...

I totally forgot to give a
huge "THANK YOU" to you and your husband for the sacrifices you have already made for our country!!

Oh and to answer your question, it's a place called "Spring Valley Beach"

Brighton said...

How very sweet! Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary guys!!! who would have ever thought......it was so fun watching rob grow up and get through puberty and all....hehehe!!! we love you both. Let me know how the first born gets over her "heat stroke"!-katfish

Woodlandmama said...

Happy anniversery to you too! Look ma I don't itch anymore!

willowtree said...

Happy Anniversary, and hopes that there's many more to come.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary baby, I got you on my mind!!!! Shaved legs an all, watch out Rob....Do keep us posted on the first borns heat stroke...The Clegg's

willowtree said...

Hey, I just read your previous posts. They are great! Keep it up.

Lawyer Mama said...

What a sweet post. Happy Anniversary!

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

Awww.... Very sweet. Happy Anniversary you two!!

mommiebear2 said...

Congrats sweetie!!