Thursday, June 21, 2007

Things I Can Do In Wal-Mart To Horrify The Kids

I have found the PERFECT way to make the FlyingMonkeys behave in the store!

As we are pulling into the parking lot I hum a few bars of:

I'm a goofy goober Yeah, I'm a goofy goober Yeah

The back seat will erupt into "MOM pleeeeeeeeease don't do that." Apparently my singing in public or even almost in public is absolutely horrifying to them! YEAH! So I ran with it...

If we are walking by the toothpaste and Magnuts decides to irritate Miss-D, Momma's gonna sing a little ditty about how we Neeeeeeeeed some Shampoopoo, yeah some shampootie, shampoopie....

MonkeyBoy pinches Magnuts-well it is time to sing about why he can not try the sample of turkey jerky.....He'll get the run, run, run run he'll get the runs.... If the pinch left a mark I may throw a little hip action into the song.


I now have the best behaved children in the store! I am still working on what I like to call the "Nuclear Option," you know, just incase I ever need to step up my game. So far it involves me standing in the middle of the produce aisle, holding a cucumber like a microphone and belting out an aria about tampons and butt cream.

12 comments:

Kathy said...

Brilliant!
Maybe you should hold a contest and have readers write lyrics for your "Nuclear Option."

Super B's Mom said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Love it!!

I MUST try this one!

I mean...not that I ever go to Wal-Mart...

*looking over shoulder to see if hubbie is around*

Crazy Working Mom said...

Most definitely will work!
My little girl got SO mad at me when we saw Disney's Princesses on ice when I was singing the songs. She said that I did NOT sound like the princesses and I should just be quiet so she could hear them! *LOL*

Anonymous said...

Hmmm that Nuclear Option sounds pretty good, but I'd use the tampon as a microphone and sing about what you could do with a cucumber and some butt cream. That would be the environmentally friendly version.

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

Ummm...even I don't want to go shopping with you if you are singing those songs...

Anonymous said...

Ok, since I have one of the worst voices on the planet, this tactic would surely work for me. When my daughter was a baby, she actually cried when I tried to sing her to sleep.

This just might work!!! I like the cucumber idea! LOL!

Anonymous said...

An Aria about tampons and butt cream? I must have the words to this song when you create it! You could have a top 10 hit on your hands.

Slackermommy said...

I'll have to try that trick.

Betti said...

WOW - can't wait to use that on my (unborn) kid someday . . . too bad it would fly back in my face if I tried that on Mr. Hubby!

mommiebear2 said...

My children would just think this hilarious...

For the Love... said...

Motomom-good idea, may bring this back and use suggestions to put together the song!

Super b's Mom- It works! Glad to see your new post today!

Crazy Working Mom - See...you gotta work with what you have!

Willowtree - OMG...Bwhaaa haaa haa

Magaret - Come on! It's funny!

Momish - It is ALWAYS wise to have these little things in the Mommy arsenal.

Nikki - Them not making me suicidal at the grocery store is worth a million bucks!

Slackermommy - may the dork be with you...cause that is why it works...I am screwing with their street creds..

Betti - Upside, if he mocks the method he can do the shopping! LOL

Mommiebear2 - Oh yeah, that is the rub, little kids would love this, mine are old enough that they do not like me acting like a lunatic.

Anonymous said...

finasteride mg propecia before and after - results with propecia