Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Library "Issues"

We are going to the library today. I love the library, well except for one thing. The lady who stalks me when I visit the library is VERY serious about us not re-shelving the books. I mean I find myself easing books out at an angle and not all the way off the shelf so that technically when I slide it back I am not re-shelving. She is always watching,.....For the love....I can do some serious browsing, they would spend the rest of the day putting all the crap I looked at back.


If I worked there it would seriously piss me off, it would be like watching one of my children throwing all of their clean clothes on the floor. I am getting worked up just thinking about it....


Magnuts can go through an entire shelf and not come up with one he wants to take home. It looks like a little tornado blew through the Goosebumps section, and it makes me feel like like that friend....You know that friend, the one who brings her kids over, and they manage to get out every toy in your house, and then they leave.


So I just don't get how they can be checking out our books, with huge smiles on their faces, look at what we just did to your library! Seriously, NO ONE can be that nice, they have to talk about us when we leave...I would.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, if you don't use the library as a daycare (YES some people think librarians are babysitters) and if the books are returned on time-ish and not covered in mustard or something gross, I would imaging you're solidly in the "good" library member category.

For the Love... said...

Betti - Thanks, we are always careful with the books, I just always feel bad about all of the books that will have to be re-shelved.....

Queen of the Mayhem said...

I have the same phobia when we go! I am worried that Junior Mayhem will completely destroy an entire section the moment my back is turned. If you have read my blog at all, you have to know that this fear is not unfounded!

Good luck!

AfKaP said...

I hate librarians who think the books (and everything else in the library is THEIRS! I can't feel comfortable - as if I were in a neighbor's house and wanted to borrow their books. That being said, my Mom ran a library and my husband catalogs books and videos in one and in some libraries they worry not only about misshelving, but also they count what has been used for collection development. It's okay to leave the books for the library to shelve! Really!

For the Love... said...

Queen - yeah, I spend most of my time at the library trying to avoid total destruction.

Purpleworms - I am gonna try and relax a little more, but the children in question really have the potential for mass destruction. In the past they have spray painted my van and the indoor raw egg fight of 2002 is still haunting me.....

Anonymous said...

PLEASE ADD TO YOUR BLOG THE PAINTING THE VAN EPISODE....I STILL WET MY PANTS REMEMBERING YOU CALLING ME AND TELLING ME. I HAD NOT HAD KIDS YET, AND LAUGHED MY ASS OFF. YOU DIDN'T CALL ME BACK FOR A LONG TIME......
WASN'T THERE SOME OTHER WHITE STUFF POURED OUT INSIDE IT TOO?