Thursday, June 14, 2007

New Names..........

Ok, the naming has been a source of amusement and torture. I let the kids help choose, can you say,"that was your first mistake."

Magnuts knows what his bloggy name is, so do his siblings.... 2nd mistake. They were giving him a hard time about it, so he came running to me, "MOM, I want their names to be Merve the Perve and Mork the Dork"! Ok, so no.

They have all seen the list, oldest child suggested for herself James Blond. I pointed out that she is a girl and that she is not blond. So she fires back, "Jaime Blond." I again draw her attention to the fact that she is not blond. She retorted, "sometimes I act like one." Touche, game, set, match.......



So she has decided that she can live with.....Miss-D, Miss-Drama. The following will help you understand why this is such a perfect choice for her:
Years ago she told me that something horrible was going on. My Mommy radar went up, and fast. All evening she cried and told me she just couldn't talk about it. My stomach was in knots, I am sure you can imagine all of the things running through my mind. So this went on and on, me begging, pleading for her to just tell me. I told her that everything would be ok, that I would protect her, that no one could hurt her. Finally at 1:30 in the MORNING she said, "Ok, but you can't tell anyone, I think that I might be psychic." She is lucky to be alive.......


Middle Boy has selected the name MonkeyBoy. This is a child that can do back flips off of the end of our sofa. He has climbed every tree in the yard, and his grandmother has been known to use the alias MonkeyJones....(Jones is not her real last name...)

Thanks for all of the suggestions, and now that you know how perfect Miss-D's new name is, perhaps you are even adding me to a prayer list.......

4 comments:

J. A. Blackburn said...

Merve the Perve?!?! Your kids are hilarious.

Sabrina said...

Love the names!!!!

Anonymous said...

Perfect! Merve the Perve? Now that's a moniker! LMAO!

Anonymous said...

is m/m/m's monkeyjones a jab at his godmother?!?! yes, i am talking about his beautiful, pearl wearin', wedgie sporting, water skiiing god mutha! Love the names, yet i still like Mouth better than miss Drama!!!! but, i soooooooooooooo understand every single worry you have ever had about her dramatics!!!! after just 48 hours with her, i learned to not believe everything she says!!!(i learned that while dragging her panting little ass down the streets of homewood to see if she could really run!!!) I am proud of her, yet, she does scare me, and therefor, i do pray for you!!!! love ya-katfish